Tonight I cooked...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reynard

Legendary Member
Need to research some more recipes that use dessert apples...

At your service if you need some ideas.

One of the simplest things to do with apples is peel, core and slice into wedges, then pan fry in a little butter till tender and slightly caramelized along the edges. You can add a little chilli and a sprig of rosemary to the pan as well, and finish with a little drizzle of honey.

This is lovely with either a) any bit of pig e.g. chops, roast, sausages, gammon, black pudding or b) served as a pudding with greek yoghurt or vanilla ice cream.
 

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
BBQ chicken pizza with some added mushrooms and tomatoes that needed using up.
 

YMFB

Über Member
I helped my wife cook Stilton & Broccoli soup. She doesn’t like blue cheese! But I do and we had a skanky bit of Colton Bassett that I was pleased to repurpose.

I helped by first cycling to the coop and buying the broccoli and onions. On my return and under close supervision I chopped and fried the onions and garlic whilst cooking the broccoli, did the liquidising and added the magic.

My wife was a chef before we had children.
 
I boiled two small eggs
 

YMFB

Über Member
Just eaten some potato squash, it was ok, probably quite exciting for veggies and vegans. I ate mine with spicy sausages, carrot, cabbage and gravy.
 

YMFB

Über Member
Leftovers night here. There's some risotto left, some vegetable pakoras, banana pancakes and baklava. A bit random, but all far too nice to waste.

im all for leftovers. Our dinner tonight was free squashes from a charities garden that my wife helps at and stuff in the fridge from the weekend. Last night was lamb curry from Sunday evening’s roast.

Tomorrow it might be new food
 

Reynard

Legendary Member
im all for leftovers. Our dinner tonight was free squashes from a charities garden that my wife helps at and stuff in the fridge from the weekend. Last night was lamb curry from Sunday evening’s roast.

Tomorrow it might be new food

I hate throwing stuff away - if it's useable, it will be used.

Will be cooking fresh tomorrow and probably Thursday as well, with the latter being a batch cook. I'll be busy at the weekend, so it will be nice to have something that I can just plate up and shove in the poppity ping.
 
Top Bottom