Tony Doyle Viscount 1980

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heathergould

Hi all. I’m looking fir information and parts for a Tony Doyle viscount bicycle. Husband has one and it’s in need of some TLC. Any tips on locations for spares and bits?

midlife

Guru
Welcome :smile:

Does it look a bit like this?

viscount%20road%20bike.jpg

Drago

Legendary Member
Found this...

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/lambert.html

And a forum for Viscount cycles..

http://viscountandlambert.boards.net

I doubt that most parts are especially difficult to locate. If you're after a prefect rest then the decals would probab,y be hardest to source, although there are places that will replicate them. Strip, clean, new tyres, tubes, cables, chain and brake blocks and that would make a very useable steed.

OP
OP
Heathergould

Heathergould

Thank you. That’s a great start. I don’t think we will be too precious about the rest. Would be nice to just get it going again.

Drago

Legendary Member
Should be an easy bike to revive. I recently did similar to a Claud Butler and all the parts I mentioned above came to about 50 sheets. He might want new pedals as well. Decent steel frames of that era ride very well, so it's definitely worth spending a few quid on reviving it.

murray888

Welcome :smile:

Does it look a bit like this?

View attachment 413342
Sorry to dig this thread up. I’ve been clearing out my dad’s legacy of a rammed garage (he died in Jan) and would like to do something useful with his old Tony Doyle Viscount (identical to this one).
It needs a bit of a clean up, but it’s almost in original condition. Is it worth selling on?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Sorry to dig this thread up. I’ve been clearing out my dad’s legacy of a rammed garage (he died in Jan) and would like to do something useful with his old Tony Doyle Viscount (identical to this one).
It needs a bit of a clean up, but it’s almost in original condition. Is it worth selling on?

@murray888 yes it is worth selling on if you are not going to use it .

I wouldn't say you will get a lot for it but depending on condition you might get close to £70 but if it needs work then less

Where are you based ?

Top Bottom