Too soon to cut the lawn ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I cut my dad's lawn yesterday.
Mine needs doing too but that can wait.

Reactions: gbb

Slick

Guru
Does grass ever really stop growing?

I don't think it does and usually I would have cut my grass by now as well but it's been particularly wet all winter so I'm happy to leave it a while yet.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Did mine Wednesday, I love the first cut of the year it neatens up the whole garden.

My two least favourite jobs in the garden are mowing the grass and trimming the hedges. A neat lawn and hedge are not on my priority list so I usually leave it until April or even May before the first cuts.

I used to buy some great stuff called Cutlass which you could spray on the hedge after the first cut of the year and it didn't need cutting again. Unfortunately it was bad for the environment, and possibly health, so I believe it was banned by the EU. I wish I had stockpiled it :evil:

Reactions: gbb

Chislenko

Veteran
I went to do mine yesterday and fortunately the lawnmower made some awful noises followed by loads of smoke.

However I do now have to buy a new one!

My two least favourite jobs in the garden are mowing the grass and trimming the hedges. A neat lawn and hedge are not on my priority list so I usually leave it until April or even May before the first cuts.

I used to buy some great stuff called Cutlass which you could spray on the hedge after the first cut of the year and it didn't need cutting again. Unfortunately it was bad for the environment, and possibly health, so I believe it was banned by the EU. I wish I had stockpiled it :evil:

I've got some agent orange which has a similar result.

Top Bottom