took a tumble

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr Mag00

rising member
;)
i havent taken a spill in ages
saturday morning going for a gentle spin before lifeguard training. a few minutes from the house on a flat bridleroute. there is a small wooden bridge which is normally wet and slippery, i know this, normally avoid when running and go through a tiny stream when i am on the bike.
i wasn't really paying attention, i know i know! the bridge is on a corner.

WHOOOSH! bang, splat, ouch!

wheels gone out to the right, down the left i go sliding along the bridge. very little friction on the bridge i slid the whole length until i hit the hand rail support with my ribs.

generally didnt feel too bad, some nice wooden splinters stuffed in the end of the bars and nice gouges in the bridge :smile:
knees a little twinge but quite sore under the arm. well i continue on and complete my ride and lifeguard training.

a bit of RICE when i get home but quite sore and get the knee support out. sunday morning after halloween party nice teaplate sized bruise under left arm on rib cage continue with the RICE.

slightly worried as have more lifeguard training this week and supposed to be attending MTB leader training this coming weekend xx(

lesson learnt - pay attention and avoid wooden bridges when wet. things i know well but hey ho!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ouch, glad to hear no major damage to you.
Did similar earlier this year with the result of cracked rib and sprained wrist.

Oooh ouch. Easy to forget isn't it. Mtb leader course eh! What advice will the first lesson you give contain xx(;)

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Sorry to hear that, they are viciously slippery at times.
My riding buddy was trying to demonstrate the best way to take a wooden bridge at speed last week, not realising how slippery it now was after all the rain.
He hit the handrails so hard when he came off that he practically tattooed an image of himself onto the side supports !

Top Bottom