Top Gear last night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Arch said:
I was thinking about that this morning, and I assume there must be a way of making a brick wall with fake mortar, like they make those bottles out of glass for smashing over people's heads.... Although I guess, one course of bricks, with no cross bonding, isn't all that resilient, and as long as nothing smashes through the windscreen, it's just a bit of a jolt...
Unless he was acting better than I think he can, Jeremy Clarkson was thinking along very similar lines till he hit the thing, at which point he 'reassessed the situation'.

Cheddar George

oober member
The majority of it is definitely staged and i believe that over the next few years it will morph seamlessly into the last of the summer wine.

That said, i don't believe that Hammond planned to take that hair pin bend at that speed driving an artic !!

MattB

A great episode to return with. That 911 GT2 looks amazing, but I still would choose a GT3 RS I think. The Gallado I fell in love...again, I love lambos. The trucks, so what if its scripted, its entertaining to watch. If you dont like it, theres one very easy thing to do...

gavintc

Guru
I turned on late, watched a bit of the truck wrecking scenes - got bored with the set ups. I did not find it particularly funny - so turned off.

Cheddar George said:
That said, i don't believe that Hammond planned to take that hair pin bend at that speed driving an artic !!

That was the best thing about it. Even if it was staged, scripted, or whatever (and frankly, who cares? why should that stop Arch or me or Mr Paul or anyone else enjoying it?), there were bits that were quite obviously not, and that was one of them.
Watching it as someone who drives one of those every day was good as well.:rolleyes:

just jim

I enjoyed it immensely even though it went on a bit. I didn't like the way J.C looked after his brick wall meeting - he's no stunt man.

Top Bottom