Top Gear last night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

531c

I'm slightly confused as to why Clarkson's repeated veiled references to the Yorkshire Ripper murdering prostitutes hasn't caused a storm of moral outrage in Daily Mail land.

Maz

Guru
Over The Hill said:
Shall we go back to the days of Noel Edmonds lifting the bonnet and checking the accessability to the spark plugs?
We'd have to call it Seal Or No Seal?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:
I've never done it yet ... but it's been close a few times.:angry:

I was going to ask you RT, how much would you like to slice through a Portacabin like Hammond did?:tongue:

Yeah, it's all staged. But still funnier than a lot of out and out comedy, in my opinion....

Night Train

Maker of Things
531c said:
I'm slightly confused as to why Clarkson's repeated veiled references to the Yorkshire Ripper murdering prostitutes hasn't caused a storm of moral outrage in Daily Mail land.
That bugged me too, having driven trucks and known a few truck drivers I can't say that they were generally into murdering women as a past time.

Arch

Married to Night Train
User3094 said:
Contrived comedy is very rarely funny.

Isn't most comedy contrived? It's very rare comedy that is utterly spontaneous, even in improv. And I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue is pretty contrived and about the funniest thing there is...

Arch

Married to Night Train
User3094 said:
Sorry I havent a clue does not contrive situations does it?

Well, only in that the whole thing is mostly scripted, like all sitcom and most comedy quizzes etc...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:
:biggrin:Just watched it on YouTube. Very funny.

Yes please! But perhaps I'll skip Clarkson's brick wall.:biggrin:

I was thinking about that this morning, and I assume there must be a way of making a brick wall with fake mortar, like they make those bottles out of glass for smashing over people's heads.... Although I guess, one course of bricks, with no cross bonding, isn't all that resilient, and as long as nothing smashes through the windscreen, it's just a bit of a jolt...

Top Bottom