Top Speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACW

47mph down dundonald hill in ayshire as i went through the 30mph limit sign

146mph this morning and it was easy.

Just hold your computer in front of an LCD computer monitor, and relax as you watch your AVS display rise and rise!

Matthames

Über Member
My fastest, set today was 42mph. The only problem is that it was a mountain bike and is not geared for speed, so at this speed I was spinning out. If I had a longer gear I probably would of hit 50 as the bike wanted to go faster :ohmy:

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
The other morning i was driving in my lorry behind a guy on a road bike and my speedo was registering 43 mph, o.k we was going down slight hill but this guy was chipping along and i didn't need to overtake him so i just sat there for a good 3/4 of a mile or so before he turned off.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
46.8 mph down the Cold Fell Road heading into Ennerdale Bridge last month.

That was on a hybrid with full rack bag. There's a lovely great straight stretch off of the fell with a run off. Usually I'd chicken out way before that

Sam Kennedy

[EDIT: Oops I did actually reply to this thread, forgot!]

Oh I didn't mention mine, 37mph on the flat (working in a pace line with a tail wind), and 42mph coming down the Ryals.

Svendo

Guru
Checked my data from the Garmin, I got up to 48 the other day going down towards the M62 junc. 22 from Windy Hill, but have topped 50 mph on the same hill in the past.

It's been my ambition to exceed 50mph, but so far my record is 44.6 down a hill with a signed gradient of 14% (That's 1 in 7, roughly) on a tricross sport. It's not a long hill so was still trying to accelerate when I reached the bottom. There are few steep hills round here (Cambridgeshire) and none are long enough and steep enough to really go for it. On the other hand, that road was resurfaced recently and is nice and smooth, and I've got a new road bike...

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
oblongomaculatus said:
It's been my ambition to exceed 50mph, but so far my record is 44.6 down a hill with a signed gradient of 14% (That's in 7, roughly) on a tricross sport. It's not a long hill so was still trying to accelerate when I reached the bottom. There are few steep hills round here (Cambridgeshire) and none are long enough and steep enough to really go for it. On the other hand, that road was resurfaced recently and is nice and smooth, and I've got a new road bike...

If you want to go faster, an aero position will really help!

Top Bottom