Top Speed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
162mph

Except I didn't.

Don't know WHAT happened to my computer but on a fast downhill I definitely beat my current record, then checked later and the comp had registered that as a silly max. speed. Dunno why, it's set right. Was irritating as I would have liked to know, as I am sure it was over 40

Hit around 58mph years back on the hill down from fylingdales moor into Sleights - overtaking a Wallace Arnold coach with all the blue-rinsers looking at me aghast.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, just under 50 coming down Cap Griz Nez towards Calais with the Mother of all Tailwinds. :smile:
Took about a gazillion years to grovel my way back to Wimereaux in bottom gear :cry:

The computer wasn't working, but had to be at least 55 down the top bit of Ventoux. I was going past cars and all sorts :biggrin:

Svendo

Guru
classic33 said:
50mph, down from junction 24, Ainley Top, to Elland.

Set the speed camera off in 50mph zone

Oww, that's a good road for showing off to cars. I save it for days with a stiff southerly, rather than a gusting 30 mph westerly like last time I did it. That was a bit hairy!

I'll check my max (ignoring gps hiccups) there and elsewhere when I'm home tomorrow.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
35.8 kph on the flat, no wind, in Battersea Park. That seems to be my limit on the hybrid. Quite pathetic really. Down-hill, I know I would bottle out at a whole lot less than the brave posters above. I send my enduring admiration to you all.

:smile:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
54mph down the south side of Ditchling. Was disappointed not to beat that on my LEJOG - I'm determined to break the national speed limit on the trike someday.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
36mph on the flat -

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqSDEtwdxNw

Not been on any good descents this year so have no down hill speed, but i did 53mph down the other side of D beacon 4 years ago.

Stephenite

Membå
My bike computer 'maxed out' at 70 mph but i'm not sure i should believe it.

I was going very fast tho. The bike felt like it was going to shake to pieces, and i was too afraid to move my head up and down, nevermind left and right. That was a few years ago, now i can bottle it at 25 mph.

I managed to do 45.4 mph down a French hill last year on my trike. It was steep, but very bumpy with a sharp bend half way down. I was determined to exceed 50 mph, but I bottled out when the trike was leaving the ground on the bumps while I was simultaneously leaving the seat. On a smooth road 50 mph would have been a doddle.

I am a rather large gent to say the least, and gravity is very much my friend when going downhill. I don't have much more wind resistance than a thin cyclist, but there's a lot of force pulling me downhill. I was out with a fit friend on a road bike and on our local downhills he was forced to pedal to keep up with me on the trike, while I was serenely coasting. I shall draw a veil over my uphill performance compared to his though.

Top Bottom