Top tip of not to do with face masks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi.
Today i carefully opened up my new face mask that i bought a few days back, only for the elastic strap to come away from the mask
Not wanting to buy another i had the bright idea to super glue the elastic back on to the mask. For good measure i also applied a drop of glue to the other 3 points of where wthe elastic attached to the mask.
With the job being a good one i set off to the local Iceland store to get some food in.
Convinced the glue had dried i popped on my mask and got on with my shopping but after a few minutes i was gagging from the smell of super glue in the middle of the shop.
As bad luck would have it, the shop was busy so I couldn't just take it off sneakily and persevered with it, but the smell just got so intense i had no choice but to rip it off.
And rip it off i did as the dam thing was now stuck to my face.
A minute later some young Herbert staff member came over and told me its illegal to not where a mask. After quickly explaining the situation he let me quickly continue to the check out.
Lessons for the day is do not superglue your face mask back to together Dohhhh :=(

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
😄 Brilliant!

Also don't hot glue your fingers to the thing you're assembling, I've done that a few times.
And try not to press the nozzle tip onto bare skin, it (unsurprisingly) gets really hot and you will blister.

Other lesson is section 4.1.c of The Health Protection (Coronavirus, Wearing of Face Coverings in a Relevant Place) (England) Regulations 2020

...... removes their face covering to avoid harm or injury, or the risk of harm or injury, to themselves or others;

That would have annoyed the some young Herbert staff member.

Reactions: mjr

Julia9054

Guru
I found out this week that super glue was invented to glue wounds back together on the battlefield in the Vietnam war (lots of people probably know this already but it was new to me)
Which explains why it is so good at gluing your skin and rubbish at gluing anything else

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I clicked here all ready to flame another mask nitpicker but :eek:

Generalise the lesson: never super glue any clothes?

I found out this week that super glue was invented to glue wounds back together on the battlefield in the Vietnam war (lots of people probably know this already but it was new to me)
Which explains why it is so good at gluing your skin and rubbish at gluing anything else
Bit of a myth I’m afraid. Superglue was first used in WW 2 on aircraft canopies. But it was used in the Nam to stick wounds temporarily on the way to hospital, leading to further use in medical ways.

Top Bottom