Top tips for happiness

• Thread starter another_dave_b
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A

another_dave_b

From The Times:
1) Meet up with a friend that you haven’t seen for a while.
2) Watch a funny television programme or film.
3) Exercise for about thirty minutes three times a week.
4) Cut your television viewing by half.
5) Buy experiences not goods - go to a concert, movie, unusual place or strange restaurant.
6) Create novel challenges by starting a new hobby, joining an organisation, or learning a new skill.
7) Go for a 20 minute walk in the sun.
8) Spend ten minutes listening to relaxing or uplifting music
9) Stroke a dog
10) Stop watching and reading the news

I'm currently doing battle with my inner-cheapskate over a possible addition to this list, 11)buy a new bike. :welcome:

accountantpete

Brexiteer
there's some hyperons on ebay at 99p - getting them for £1 would make me happy!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
As an antidote to todays society's values?

1) Don't speak to family or neighbours.
2) Watch the Jeremy Kyle show on the sofa in your tracky, while 'real' people are out at work.
3) Exercise is for people on telly - like the olympics and stuff.
4) Buy a plasma screen television.
5) Spend your weekends in out-of-town shopping centres buying the latest 'brands'.
6) Stay secure in your home, brow beaten by the media and the nanny state risk assessing every small activity.
7) Have a 20 minute row in the street with your neighbour over NOTHING.
8) Spend ten hours making your neighbours life hell by listening to loud music with your windows open - just to be awkward.
9) Get a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, so you look like a drug dealer.
10) Believe EVERYTHING the news and media tell you, and set your life values according to what the z list celebrity advises you to in the latest copy of Heat magazine.

Van Nick

another_dave_b said:
From The Times:

1) Meet up with a friend that you haven’t seen for a while.
2) Watch a funny television programme or film.
3) Exercise for about thirty minutes three times a week.
4) Cut your television viewing by half.
5) Buy experiences not goods - go to a concert, movie, unusual place or strange restaurant.
6) Create novel challenges by starting a new hobby, joining an organisation, or learning a new skill.
7) Go for a 20 minute walk in the sun.
8) Spend ten minutes listening to relaxing or uplifting music
9) Stroke a dog
10) Stop watching and reading the news

I'm currently doing battle with my inner-cheapskate over a possible addition to this list, 11)buy a new bike. :blush:

And this was from The Times newspaper ?

TVC

No 5 is the one I live buy, I'd rather buy memories than buy gadgets (bikes excluded obviously - I'm not mental).

10 makes sense. I retreat from listening to the news when I've had a bad day. Far too depressing. I don't mind hearing that things aren't rosy, but do they have to make it worse by analysing it over and over again from every possible angle? There seems to be an attitude that the more contentious something is, the more newsworthy it is. Yuk!

tordis

I totally approve of number 4. Since I have no TV, I spend much more time doing things I really like (which is reading and cycling) as opposed to sitting in front of the screen and watching whatever's on, no matter how uninteresting.
I like number 5, too - after all, things fall apart after a while and memories stay with you forever.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
pit-bull.jpg
Well if you go and stroke this, you only have yourself to bame

Top Bottom