Topeak Duel G pump getting stuck to presta valve.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oceanman

Hi, essentially the title. Recently got a topeak duel G portable pump, but have been unable to inflate my tyres as whenever I do the pump gets stuck to the valve. Once this happens, the only way I can get it off is to wait for the tyre to deflate again (after unlocking the pump), unscrew the endcap of the pump, then pull off the internal components off the valve (see picture below).

Has anyone else encountered this problem and now how to fix it?

rfGaTke.jpg

U

User6179

Hi, essentially the title. Recently got a topeak duel G portable pump, but have been unable to inflate my tyres as whenever I do the pump gets stuck to the valve. Once this happens, the only way I can get it off is to wait for the tyre to deflate again (after unlocking the pump), unscrew the endcap of the pump, then pull off the internal components off the valve (see picture below).

Has anyone else encountered this problem and now how to fix it?

View attachment 390908

Have you got the plastic bits round the wrong way maybe, looks like the valve is going to far into the pump

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Looks like a similar set up to my topeak pocket rocket and you seem to have the bits in the right order so I don't think that is the issue. It could just be the rubber grabbing on the threaded valve, I use tubes with unthreaded valves which might help but doesn't solve the problem. Will it really not come off, even with a good tug and wiggle?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Use unthreaded valves, otherwise you'll end up bending or breaking the threaded inner spindle of the valve at some point. Bit of vaseline on the valve stem might help too. I tend to use a sort of karate chop type movement to detach that sort of pump from the valve.

Top Bottom