Topeak Joe Blow Twinhead rubber washer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I don't need a whole Twinhead refurb kit - just the rubber washer thingy for the Presta side. Anyone know if you can get them anywhere?

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
You could try contacting Extra UK - the UK distributor to see if they can send you one.

http://www.extrauk.co.uk/

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

Thanks for that - I've emailed them. What do you other Joe Blow users do? I've bought the rebuild kits in the past, but I don't need any of the other bits, just the Presta rubber, (and its a lot of money to just get the rubber).

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

No joy from Extra - the only spares available appear to be a kit with the 2 headseals and 2 caps - 4 pieces, only 1 of which I ever need. For the moment I have solved the problem by placing a thin O ring between the headseal and the cap, so that when you tighten the cap it compresses the worn seal on the valve. Seems to work.Will now look around for a pumphead from a manufacturer with a more sustainable spares policy - it's ludicrous that you have to purchase a whole bag of bits everytime you need just one rubber seal

Broadside

Guru
But it's only £4 for the refurb kit.

I lost a part of the head for my Joe Blow and bought a Lezyne pump head for £9, and then found out about the refurb kit, very annoying as I think it's good value.

If you happen to want to got to the Lezyne pump head I would be happy to sell it on for £5 posted and I will just buy the JB refurb kit instead.

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

I don't think the refurb kit is good value if you only need 1 rubber washer. BTW Extra UK tell me that the rrp for the TRK-TH01 kit - both seals and caps - is 2.99. Thanks for the offer of the Lezyne pumphead, but I think I will see if I can bodge a solution to the Twinhead problem.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Thread resurrection alert.
My LBS has identified the part number for a 10 pack of the relevant washer and will be adding it to their next order.
If & when they turn up, I'll look to make them available for a small contribution.

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

My LBS has identified the part number for a 10 pack of the relevant washer and will be adding it to their next order.
If & when they turn up, I'll look to make them available for a small contribution.
Good move. Very public spirited. Meanwhile I've replaced the Twinhead with a brass chuck which works really well for me (I only need presta fitting anyway).
See earlier thread https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/topeak-super-chuck-pressure-release-valve.102004/

U

User6179

Are you talking about this part ? https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/pumps/topeak-spare-presta-rubber-gasket-for-twinheads/

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

Think so - thanks - where were you in 2015? Still £1.50 for postage though, so £2 a washer, unless you order more of course. Just bugs me that you can't walk into your LBS/Topeak stockist and buy one. It shouldn't be so difficult.

It is for the shop to keep something that may only get asked for once in a blue moon and has to order a minimum amount and pay postage.

Just be thankful you didn't want any Pashley spares:whistle:

I actually asked a guy on a Topeak stand about this a couple of years ago at the London bike show and he suggested contacting their service dept but in the end I just got one of the uprated single heads which has been fine ever since.

OP
OP
youngoldbloke

youngoldbloke

It is for the shop to keep something that may only get asked for once in a blue moon and has to order a minimum amount and pay postage.

Just be thankful you didn't want any Pashley spares:whistle:

I actually asked a guy on a Topeak stand about this a couple of years ago at the London bike show and he suggested contacting their service dept but in the end I just got one of the uprated single heads which has been fine ever since.

There must be thousands of Twinheads out there, and I can't be the only one who needed a washer or two. Perhaps they all ordered rebuild kits and dumped the bits they didn't need. Hardly the green way to do things is it? Perhaps Topeak should pack a couple of spares with the pump, they must cost them a tiny amount.

Tin Pot

Guru
There must be thousands of Twinheads out there, and I can't be the only one who needed a washer or two. Perhaps they all ordered rebuild kits and dumped the bits they didn't need. Hardly the green way to do things is it? Perhaps Topeak should pack a couple of spares with the pump, they must cost them a tiny amount.

Indeed - I need one :smile:

PpPete

Legendary Member
Bugger.... I now have a pack of spare washers for the Schrader side !
Seems the colour coding on the parts list was misleading... will try again to get the one for the Presta side.
but if any one is looking to replace their schrader side washer on their twinhead - just let me know, and I'll bung one in the post .

Top Bottom