topeak super chuck pressure release valve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
topeak super chuck pressure release valve, whats this used for and how does it work?
4954.jpg

OP
OP
PJ79LIZARD

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
im thinking if this is an adapter that fits to your pump, then to a presta valve, and is quick release like compressed air fittings, then I want one as my head on my track pump has had it, It wont hold on now very well past 80.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
im thinking if this is an adapter that fits to your pump, then to a presta valve, and is quick release like compressed air fittings, then I want one as my head on my track pump has had it, It wont hold on now very well past 80.
It is simply a superior, nicely machined, brass push-on chuck, Presta fitting. Not quick release. The button just visible on the RH side allows you to release pressure in the chuck before you remove it from the valve, thus avoiding the explosive rush of air normally experienced. The adapter on the left screws onto a Schrader valve, to enable the use of the chuck. I have replaced the plastic chucks on my track pumps with these and they work beautifully.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It is simply a superior, nicely machined, brass push-on chuck, Presta fitting. Not quick release. The button just visible on the RH side allows you to release pressure in the chuck before you remove it from the valve, thus avoiding the explosive rush of air normally experienced. The adapter on the left screws onto a Schrader valve, to enable the use of the chuck. I have replaced the plastic chucks on my track pumps with these and they work beautifully.

this...

Top Bottom