Topeak Roadie Rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I was advised on the one with the upwards angle due to the frame size of my bikes (54cm)

coffeejo

Ælfrēd

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I have a topeak rx beam rack that clamps onto the seatpost. Its rated for 15 lb and works great.

There are a variety of topeak bags that can fit onto it using the quick release slide on system that allows you to quickly remove the bag to take with you into a café or whatever.

Provided you put a bit of rubber in the clamp around the seatpost it doesn't twist.
I was advised on the one with the upwards angle due to the frame size of my bikes (54cm)
Same as me .The angle up to the seatpost lowers the height of the bag bar. Lower center of gravity is better for bike handling. the straight bar is for small frames.

I have the topeak rx bag with two fold away side panniers which can be really usefull on times.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Heh, fair enough, I'll guess you more often go south and east than west and north (if there is much north) then!
It's fair to say that majority of my rides do not take place on Exmoor. :thumbsup:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I have a topeak rx beam rack that clamps onto the seatpost. Its rated for 15 lb and works great.

There are a variety of topeak bags that can fit onto it using the quick release slide on system that allows you to quickly remove the bag to take with you into a café or whatever.

Provided you put a bit of rubber in the clamp around the seatpost it doesn't twist.

Same as me .The angle up to the seatpost lowers the height of the bag bar. Lower center of gravity is better for bike handling. the straight bar is for small frames.

I have the topeak rx bag with two fold away side panniers which can be really usefull on times.
I've got a similar set-up but on 2 of my bikes I can wriggle the clamp between the seat stays and clamp the beam rack to the seat-tube (Steel) instead of the seat-post (Ally)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I've got a similar set-up but on 2 of my bikes I can wriggle the clamp between the seat stays and clamp the beam rack to the seat-tube (Steel) instead of the seat-post (Ally)

If it works why not. I have unbolted the top of the beam rack and cable tied it to the carrier on my tourer on occasions. I can use the bag without the beamrack then .

DSCN1422_zpsf726rnvv.jpg

DSCN1421_zpsjnshu1qf.jpg

That's on a 54 synapse, I think on a 50 you would need the straight bar to clear the top of the wheel.
PS If I didn't cycle as much my garden would be tidier ^_^

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Further to this, I think I may just go for a light fixed rack on the PX once it's been converted. The Tortec ultralight looks a solid choice at £22. Indeed I just ordered one for the princely sum of £1.99 using Tesco-Evans vouchers following a pricematch

What would anyone recommend in terms of a pannier? I think I'll only need one, and it's just to chuck stuff like a D lock in when I go pottering. I'm assuming something like this would do. I don't need it to be waterproof or especially hardwearing, has a shoulder strap for when off the bike. It'll match the bike too in terms of colour :smile:

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BACOTRV/cordo-transvaal-single-bag

Last edited:
Top Bottom