Topeak Turbo Morph Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saw one being used on one of my punctures last weekend and it looked super easy compared to my mini pump.

Do these fit on road bikes's frames ok and what are the fixings like?, at a guess they are heavy?

Anyone got experience of this pump?

Many thanks
Clive

greenmark

Guru
Got one. I'm very happy with it. It is super effective. It fixes to the tube valve very securely. The foot pump design allows for pretty high pressures.

It isn't the lightest thing around but for my type of riding I'm quite happy to trade off the few additional grams for a pump that works. If ever you are in a group of people then I'd say if anyone punctures they'll use this pump over any one else's because it is so effective.

There is a problem with the fixings in that they supply it with monster size zip ties that you need to use - aesthetically not so nice and I am worried about the ties affecting the paint work. Because it uses zip ties the fixing is not so easily transferable between different bikes. The pump by itself is too large for saddlepacks or back pockets.

I would recommend it if you do long rides, or even overnight tours, where you might need the high pressures it delivers to get you home from a distance. If all you need is something to get you home with OK but not excellent tyre pressure, and you have a track pump at home, then something smaller and more portable might be better.

Nevertheless, I would buy again A++++

Tynan

Veteran
frame pump ...

I can't believe I got this old before finding out about them, cheap, light, pump fast and hard and look well hard

Randochap

Senior hunter
greenmark said:
Because it uses zip ties the fixing is not so easily transferable between different bikes. The pump by itself is too large for saddlepacks or back pockets.

The whole clip unit is available as an accessory. Just buy extras and install on all your bikes.

Then you just have to remember to switch the pump between bikes!;)

OP
OP
Mista Preston

Mista Preston

Veteran
Randochap said:
The whole clip unit is available as an accessory. Just buy extras and install on all your bikes.

Then you just have to remember to switch the pump between bikes!;)

Cant find the road morph at Evans.....do you have a link? maybe im being blind

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Mista Preston said:
Cheers ! gonna get one of these

I've been impressed

S'cuse my resurrecting an old thread, but as I've currently got a mini pump who's fill NRV sometimes doesn't (non-return I mean) and a cheapo mini footpump from Ebay which is OK but I don't think will handle higher pressure tyres, I'm interested in getting a Topeak Morph pump, but can't decide between the Road and the Turbo models.
As far as I can see, the only difference is that the gauge on the Turbo is mounted on the pump barrel (road on the fill adaptor) which I assume makes it easier to read, but it is a flip-down which might break in time. Can any current owners/users comment on how easy the Road Morph's gauge is to read please?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can't answer your question Browser, but I've just noticed this thread coming back to life and I'd like to mention that Halfords do a Morph lookalike pump.

I went into Halfords just before Christmas to get myself a new pump and spotted this one for just under £20 and thought I'd give it a go.

I've used it a couple of times out on the road now and am very impressed with it. It's easy to get 100 PSI into my tyres and I never go above that anyway, I reckon you could get 110-120 if you absolutely insist on high pressures but that would obviously be harder work.

The pump does weigh a bit more than my old Blackburn Airstik but it is much easier to use, especially when tired so I don't mind carrying a few extra grams with me.

It doesn't have a gauge but if I pump until it starts to feel like hard work, that is about the right pressure so I don't really miss having one.

Top Bottom