Topless Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I rode in just lycra shorts across most of france...also across Colorado,Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky and virginia....the only 'attention' I received though was from mosquitos:laugh:

RiflemanSmith

I ride with my top off all the time when it is sunny, I have always been the same as soon as there is sunshine the shorts come out and the top comes off.

RiflemanSmith

if you were to crash, a top layer would provide some protection against skin loss

So it's okay to go in shorts and have bare legs and it is okay to wear a vest and have bare arms but not a top?
Unless you wear jeans or motor bike leathers you will more than likely get road rash if you come off.
I never used to wear leathers on my Ninja doing 170 mph so I am not going to worry about it on a pushbike.
The other day I was doing a down hill descent in just a pair of shorts, lost it bounced down the hill and ended up in patch of stinging nettles.

e-rider

crappy member
So it's okay to go in shorts and have bare legs and it is okay to wear a vest and have bare arms but not a top?
Unless you wear jeans or motor bike leathers you will more than likely get road rash if you come off.
I never used to wear leathers on my Ninja doing 170 mph so I am not going to worry about it on a pushbike.
The other day I was doing a down hill descent in just a pair of shorts, lost it bounced down the hill and ended up in patch of stinging nettles.
I was just making a point in response to the OP - what you do is up to you! I hope that 170 mph was on a track and not a dual carriageway!

Licramite

Über Member
I must admit I don't go topless or bottomless (as in shorts) for most of my rides as this time of year the trails are getting nice and overgrown and most of the stuff , sting , cut, snag and bite. -

I've yet to have a day warm enough this year to tempt me to flashing my manboobs. - but if its hot enough on the road I would - (god I don't know what he's wearing but it needs ironing !)

I've seen the result of people coming off from motorbikes in just tea shirts and shorts - painfull - (and that was just to look at it !) Dumb idea not to wear leathers on a bike , pusbikes don't go fast enough generally to sandpaper a body to the bone. -

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have a pic of what can happen to a lady if she falls off when topless cycling but I don't know if I could post it on this forum...
If a Mod wants me to send it to them so they they can check it out for suitability, let me know!!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
i tried it once but got dirt in my nipple rings :ohmy:
Kenneth-Williams.jpg

Licramite

Über Member
yes I had a good demostration of what even a thin layer of licra can do this weekend, riding over a speed bump onto a change of surface from concrete to gravel and change of camber my bike slid out from under me , knee and forarm got heavily sandpapered but my shoulder and hip under licra - which didn't tear to my suprise - bruised, scrapped but didn,t break the skin.
Scraps healing fine but my shoulder and ribs hurts like buggery.

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
This thread, although a week old, makes me want to ride topless...

Top Bottom