Torchwood - it's no longer believable.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last night’s episode featured the undead Owen Harpur trying to give mouth –to-mouth resuscitation to a dying man, but failing as he doesn’t breathe any more, what with being dead and all.

But if that’s the case, how come he can talk??!? Because we talk by modulating the flow of air with our vocal cords, as it passes in and out of our lungs.

They’ve blown it. They’ve lost their internal coherence. Up until now, I had been perfectly happy to believe that Cardiff was built on a fault in time and space, and so it was plagued with aliens. But not any longer, they’ve destroyed the illusion. What am I going to do on Wednesday nights now?

By the way, I’m not gay or anything, but that Capt. Jack Harkness - oooh!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Twenty Inch said:
But if that’s the case, how come he can talk??!? Because we talk by modulating the flow of air with our vocal cords, as it passes in and out of our lungs.
Good point.... the rest of it I've always found believable though! ;):biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Twenty Inch said:
Last night’s episode featured the undead Owen Harpur trying to give mouth –to-mouth resuscitation to a dying man, but failing as he doesn’t breathe any more, what with being dead and all.

They’ve blown it. They’ve lost their internal coherence. Up until now, I had been perfectly happy to believe that Cardiff was built on a fault in time and space, and so it was plagued with aliens. But not any longer, they’ve destroyed the illusion. What am I going to do on Wednesday nights now?

By the way, I’m not gay or anything, but that Capt. Jack Harkness - oooh!

I wondered about that. And Captain Jack. well...

I've never even 'dabbled' with the whole gay thing, but Captain Jack, I think I would. Yes, I would.;).
John Barrowman, OTOH, is as camp as a prairie full of tents.:biggrin:

Pete

Twenty Inch said:
Funny thing, my wife and I were asking each other exactly the same question...

Never mind. The series has got a bit boring and unoriginal, IMO. After all ... zombies? The Undead? We've had all that haven't we with the Hammer Horrors going back half a century or more! I was half expecting Prof. Van Helsing to come springing out of a crack in the wall, garlic and crucifix at the ready! Come on Mr. BBC: let's see you come up with a new idea!

p.s. I also noticed that the unfortunate Owen cast a reflection in a mirror. Surely he's not supposed to be able to do that?!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Anyone who didn't see the one on BBC3 look away now!
It was very reminiscent of a well-known set of science fiction films.
In Cardiff no-one can hear you scream?

Pete

TheDoctor said:
Anyone who didn't see the one on BBC3 look away now!
It was very reminiscent of a well-known set of science fiction films.
In Cardiff no-one can hear you scream?
Thanks! I must remind myself not to eat a bowl of salad next Wednesday...;)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, Jack is unbelievable. I need to nip back to Tea? and get a cold shower.

*idly wonders where his hetrosexuality went*
*Decides to go look at Wafflycats avatar. That should do the trick ;)*

ChrisKH

Guru
Personally I don't watch it as Jack's smile is blinding. Gay or not the guy's just a little bit too good looking for my liking. Sort of the male equivalent of Catherine Zeta Jones. Not real. Not in our world. Not in the same space/time continuum.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
ChrisKH said:
Personally I don't watch it as Jack's smile is blinding. Gay or not the guy's just a little bit too good looking for my liking. Sort of the male equivalent of Catherine Zeta Jones. Not real. Not in our world. Not in the same space/time continuum.

He is, he is. Thank god it's just a character, or I'd have serious questions about my orientation!;)

twowheelsgood

I find Torchwood utterly hopeless, yet I continue to watch in anticipation:

a) they might make a decent episode.
;) the episode will be so bad as to be unintentionally funny

I don't have a problem with the gayness, just that it seems utterly tacked-on, out of context and unnecessary. For example, in the climax to the last series, the WWII pilots wouldn't have looked upon their captain with sympathy when dancing with jack, they would have thought the old boy had cracked under pressure.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Last nights wasn't fab, but it was one of those 'fill in the story'.

Next weeks (or BBC3) was much better - lots of funny bits - Gwen got a lot more than she thought she would on her Hen night..... not quite the "who the hell was that I slept with.....?"

Pete

Regarding the campness - scenes in that vein have totally passed me by without making any impression whatever, thus far. I just focus on the rest of the plot: what there is of it.

I'm afraid that any perceived campness - coupled with 'Harkness's obvious RAF connotations - put me, inexorably, in mind of ....

....Biggles. ;):biggrin::biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
ChrisKH said:
Personally I don't watch it as Jack's smile is blinding. Gay or not the guy's just a little bit too good looking for my liking.

no. no... there's just something wrong with his mouth for me. He's not my type at all, so 'pretty' he's gone out the other side to ugly...

Top Bottom