Torn between three

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well after a long of looking and considering all options (even travelling overseas with a brompton) I have narrowed it down to 3 bikes and ready to take the plunge on one

https://www.condorcycles.com/collections/road-bikes/products/condor-super-acciaio-disc-frameset

https://www.condorcycles.com/collections/road-bikes/products/condor-super-acciaio-frameset

https://www.condorcycles.com/collections/cyclo-cross-bikes/products/condor-bivio-disc-frameset

Up here the Bivio would probably be a better choice but the Acciaio with Campag Potenza rim brakes looks so stunning
Discs, No discs, road only or Gravel all road.... just these last few decisions.........🤔

vickster

Legendary Member
Where will you be riding it? Are you racing?

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Where will you be riding it? Are you racing?

not racing, mostly be riding back roads up into lake district then around that area. Around me its farm tracks and back lanes which would suit the Bivio or the Bivio thru axle (but not in that awful green colour so added expense of custom paint job or just stick with mechanical discs on the yellow)The Acciaio just looks beautiful in either rim or disc brake but is an out and out racer.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

The Acciaio disc can take a bigger tyre so making it more comfy, stable and capable on the crap roads. The rim version is limited to skinny tyres. All year round riding the acciaio disc and Bivio are the better options possibly ?

OP
OP
T

Tripster

They do custom paint but that bumps the price up to the Acciaio disc price. Titanium 🤭 tooo pricey

vickster

Legendary Member
They do custom paint but that bumps the price up to the Acciaio disc price. Titanium 🤭 tooo pricey
Not at all compared to a Condor build, how much is the Condor fully built?

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I wouldn't choose any of them. The disc ones because disc brakes on bikes look ugly, and all three because of the fork spec. What's the point of buying a steel frame paired with a carbon fork? If you specifically want steel, then buy a bike that is all steel.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

I wouldn't choose any of them. The disc ones because disc brakes on bikes look ugly, and all three because of the fork spec. What's the point of buying a steel frame paired with a carbon fork? If you specifically want steel, then buy a bike that is all steel.

very good 👍

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
very good 👍

Forgive my lack of excitement, but the frames don't look anything out of the ordinary.
They were building framesets made from Reynolds 753 forty years ago that weighed under 1,800g. The carbon forks are a little bit lighter than the best steel, but we are only talking about half a pound. By the time you've got the weight penalty of disc brakes you'll in all probability, still have a heavier bike than the best lugged steel bikes from the 70's and 80s. Nice paint finish, that's about it.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Forgive my lack of excitement, but the frames don't look anything out of the ordinary.
They were building framesets made from Reynolds 753 forty years ago that weighed under 1,800g. The carbon forks are a little bit lighter than the best steel, but we are only talking about half a pound. By the time you've got the weight penalty of disc brakes you'll in all probability, still have a heavier bike than the best lugged steel bikes from the 70's and 80s. Nice paint finish, that's about it.

weight is of no interest to me.
what they made in the 70’s is of no interest either.
I, thats me, personally like the Condor bikes. You made it clear in your first post that you do not.
Thats great. Thanks for commenting

Nick Saddlesore

Über Member
Have you considered This Condor ? A balance between the Bivio, which is definitely Gravel, and the Super A, which is very definitely a race bike, originally, I believe, aimed at Criterium riders.
My Condor Pendio (653, Chorus Racing T) is 23 years old, looks like new, still more capable than me. Go for what you desire.

Top Bottom