Torn Hamstring Muscle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Managed to injure my hamstring muscle. Crippling pain initially then a large bruise appeared on the back of my thigh .

About 4 days now and still painfull but getting better.

Anyone know when I should get back on my bike?Probably a bit stupid but I rode the bike home straight after the event and it didnt hurt if I pedalled easy.

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Depends how bad the tear is, minor tears can be say a week for recovery, I wouldn't push it too early though .. you could make it worse ..

Alan O

Über Member
If it's enough to cause a bruise, I'd say be very cautious. I'd probably do some gentle hamstring exercises as part of my recovery after the initial pain has worn off, easing off if there's any pain, and increasing the intensity gently.

Be careful - I was off the bike for 3 years with a hamstring \ hip injury.

I really would bite the bullet and chuck a few £££ at a physio - depending on what you have done stretching could make it worse. You might need to foam roller or do eccentric hamstring exercises - but without a physio's guidance you are guessing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Tha nks for the replies.

Still a bit of a twinge now and then but back to gentle cycling and walking now.Will build up gradually over next few weeks.

Top Bottom