tortec epic steel rack v tubus offerings?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone care to comment on experiences of tortec epic STEEL v tubus racks for heavily loaded touring?

Have just bought a tubus cargo (my third tubus rack) and am mighty p'ed off to find that it doesn't come with a full complement of fittings and that to get it to fit to a standard bike I am expected to pay another tenner for some small tiddly bits of metal

I already have a tortec expedition alloy and find it very well designed and a joy to fit. But I wouldn't think it is up to extended heavily loaded touring - NOT a criticism I stress.

Interested in views while I wander off to send Tubus some strongly worded customer feedback.

Last edited:

Goggs

Guru
What about Topeak racks? I have one and it's rock solid. It comes with all the required fittings and it's beautifully built and finished. Just a thought.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I wonder if the fitting kit/missing bits conundrum originates in the mainlanders tendency to get all fitting/fettling done in a local bike shop as opposed to the UK tendency for cyclo-DIY?

OP
OP
Blue Hills
I wonder if the fitting kit/missing bits conundrum originates in the mainlanders tendency to get all fitting/fettling done in a local bike shop as opposed to the UK tendency for cyclo-DIY?
Don't think so as those tiddly bits of metal are a listed, priced item, on german websites as well. It's just tubus taking the piss, in any language

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Tubus racks are bombproof and exactly what you need for heavy use.
Not disputing their quality pale.

Top Bottom