Torticollis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fenrider

Is't far you ride?
Hope you're better now, Vickster. I used to suffer from this when I was about about 12 years old. It was so bad we had to 'have the doctor round', and he diagnosed torticollis. I would describe it as being like acute cramp in the neck muscle on one side; very painful and long-lasting. My head was forced down onto the shoulder. I've noticed a tendancy to developing a similar pain as an adult when carrying a heavy shoulder bag. I now realise that I used to carry a very heavy satchel to school (a walk of about three miles) on one shoulder, and I attribute the condition to this.

gbb

Legendary Member
I suffer now and then and its extremely painfull I end up with my head dropped to one side with no ability to look sideways, always have to swing my shoulders.
For me, its cold on the neck that does it, sometimes even just a draught from the passenger side window being open, i can feel it irritating me.
It usually lasts a few days, occasionally a week., just keep the neck warm and painkillers.
One distinctive feature for me is it feels like one of the major tendons is particually sore, like a painfull rod going down through my neck.

Top Bottom