totally loving riding the trans american

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danny

Legendary Member
still waiting boab i know your a tad busy buy hey man got to see those videos.:bicycle:
He's also in a different time zone!

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Ha ha..not sure which time zone I'm in right now. I've crossed three time zones on this tour already!
One of the reasons I prefer this to my tours in Europe is that there is no language barrier.
Also the scenery is stunning and varied so much in the four states I've ridden across so far.
I'm told from pueblo Colorado east its all flat and boring..flat maybe boring I doubt it.
For those thinking about it..do it if you can. It doesn't take much planning either. Just get the aca maps and book a flight!

jags

Guru
great vids as well he's having the time of his life.:becool:
so did you get to the gibson guitar factory in montana.

albal

Guru
Hey!
I passed you going down chief joseph pass,MT, sorry I never stopped for a chat, was enjoying the 7 mile descent! . It s a fantastic ride ,Finished at seaside , OR 23 july. am in Seattle now a week ahead of schedule ! Same as you unsupported. Enjoy your ride .

jags

Guru
no worries i've been following you on face book.
looks like the perfect place to tour.
so how are you coping with all that hot weather.

albal

Guru
Yes, fantastic ride, had a few days rest , then rode round Mt Ranier, 220mile. Chillin in hotel now til satpm for dep to LHR. Found the Apalacians demanding so early in the ride, best riding was W Virginia + E Kentucky for me. Enjoy it.

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

That's good to know...Kansas is having some kind of weather meltdown...107f in shade today and there is no shade...30 mph headwinds ...made it to Pittsburgh..should cross state line to Missouri soon.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Should be a bit cooler for you now, BigonaBianchi . High of 78f projected for today in Illinois . Doesn't look too hilly on the plains , until you factor in the almost constant winds .

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

It has cooled down a touch...humid and thundery.

Just had a huge storm pass through Marion Kentucky.

Had a day off the bike in paducca and got Shinto patched up ...New cassette and chain.

Top Bottom