'Totally Wyred' - a flattish imperial century from Whalley on Sunday 1st April.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here's a few more pictures

DSC00427.jpg

Notice how [cough] everyone is in full control of their bikes as they approach the bend.

DSC00426.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

Colin counting, 4th attempt.
DSC00424.jpg

Wormo eager to burn off the ice cream.
DSC00428.jpg

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think the fact that so many people not only turn out for Colin's rides, but also drive/cycle a fair way to get to them, and keep coming back, is a testament to the work and organisation he puts into them.
I know if it weren't for him and Fossy I would never have met so many lovely people, or had the confidence and motivation to do so many miles :thumbsup:
It's no trouble - I enjoy messing about with maps and working out the details of the rides almost as much actually doing them! :blush:

One of the real pleasures for me has been watching the progress of you and Steve H over the last 2 years. In Steve's case, I made a deliberate effort to get him on board after reading his first post on CycleChat. I'm shocked at how quickly 2 years has passed ...

Another benefit for me (as a non-driver) is that Steve, Kevin and a couple of others over the years have given me lifts to more distant forum rides which I would have otherwise struggled to get to - thanks chaps! (They even declined my offer to pay for their ice creams on Sunday!)

There are some nice pictures in earlier posts! You can see why that area is so popular for cycling.

I readily admit that once it gets beyond about 6 riders, my lack of practice riding in big groups starts to show. We nearly lost people a couple of times on Sunday because I didn't stick to the rule of having someone at the front who knows the way and someone at the back who does.

I inadvertently went too fast once we got over the early hills. I'm used to being the slowest rider so I thought if I went at my own pace, nobody would have a problem staying with me. A couple of times we were spread over so much road that people in the middle couldn't work out which way to go at junctions. We had the opposite problem later on - I was going so slowly that I was holding everyone up!

Oh one last thing ...

[STERN MODE]
When the ride organiser goes to the front at the toll bridge and pays for everyone to cross ... you really don't need to stop and pay a second time! :thumbsup:
[/STERN MODE]

Top Bottom