'Totally Wyred' - a flattish imperial century from Whalley on Sunday 1st April.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Kevin (tubbycyclist) enjoys a healthy hearty meal!

tubby-burger-jpg.2074.jpg

That's just a light snack!!!! :whistle:

Attachments

• tubby-burger-jpg.2074.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 54

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy

Let's hope for weather like that, though that's my winter jersey so must have been coldish. I seem to remember being the only person not eating as if facing the electric chair. Who is everyone else in that photo, I can't remember names to faces?

Attachments

• tubby-burger-jpg.2074.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Let's hope for weather like that, though that's my winter jersey so must have been coldish. I seem to remember being the only person not eating as if facing the electric chair. Who is everyone else in that photo, I can't remember names to faces?
Yes, it was a chilly start that day but the sun came out within 2 hours and it gradually warmed up. It became pleasantly warm rather than hot.

My face is just visible on the far left. That's oldnslow in the blue Carrera kit next to me. He enjoyed his fish and chips so much that he rode up to the cafe once a week for the following month or so. We haven't seen him since last summer. Rammylad is in the yellow top. He has been on a few of my rides. Alun (in the greeny-yellow jacket) is sitting between you and Rammylad. He is one of my regulars.

potsy

Rambler
Full roll call just for italiafirenze-
Blackpool roll call with border and cropped.jpg

Alun, skud (crouching),Pennine paul,rammy,Ajay(hiding),Colin,yourself,oldnslow,tubby,myself.

Edge705

Is it me or is Colin a dead ringer for Alvin Stardust:ohmy: here

Attachments

• alvinstardust.jpg
    alvinstardust.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 46
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

That's a new one!

When I was skinny and had more hair (and he did!), 3 different people said I looked like Hugh Laurie ...

house01.jpg

Attachments

• house01.jpg
    house01.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 56
  • house01.jpg
    house01.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 46

potsy

Rambler
I always think you look a lot like the guy in your avatar, only fatter :tongue:
Have been recruiting for the ride, ILS and Skuddy have been 'nudged' wonder if the original perpetrator of the 2011 ride would be interested?

italiafirenze

World's Greatest Spy
Well done for getting all the names, that's some memory. Hopefully there will be a couple more faces this time round and a fair smattering of sunshine.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Well done for getting all the names, that's some memory. Hopefully there will be a couple more faces this time round and a fair smattering of sunshine.
Many of us have been on numerous rides together so it isn't hard to remember them!

I really struggle with the names of CycleChatters outside of the core group of about 15 regulars though, and even when I remember the forum names, I forget the real names if the forum name doesn't give a clue - PaulB is pretty obvious, and Alun even more so!

There are numerous Pauls, Davids, Andrews, Craigs, Ians, Michaels ... Which is which, is another matter! So - don't be offended if I don't remember your name, folks, I'm met over 80 CycleChatters now and the number keeps going up; it's hard to keep track.

The other thing that I forget is which combination of people went on which ride. Sometimes I think that people did do a ride when they didn't. Other times I forget that they did!

The most embarrassing thing is when I completely forget that I've even met someone before! It's only happened a couple of times but it makes me cringe when I do it!

potsy

Rambler
There is only yourself, Ajay and Rammylad that I have met just once, everybody else I've ridden with 3 or 4 times at least.
I still only know a few 'real' names, much easier if the forum name and real name has some connection.
There are numerous Pauls, Davids, Andrews, Craigs, Ians, Michaels ... Which is which, is another matter! So - don't be offended if I don't remember your name, folks, I'm met over 80 CycleChatters now and the number keeps going up; it's hard to keep track.

Not forgetting all the Steve's :tongue:

Top Bottom