Touch screen Blank

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I drove to work today, for a change

The touch-screen, in my Kodiaq, was fine on the way there was fine, radio on ; symbols showing

Come 22:30, l got in it, to audio, but no screen

Nothing works on the ‘touch-buttons’, so it’s not just radio screen
It seems to be visually dead

The audio is fine, l can change channel £ volume on the steering-wheel

Curiously, the ‘Don’t Forget Your Phone’ message was visible when l got home & turned the engine off

Glitch, or is it dead???

a.twiddler

Veteran
Might be some menu setting. Can't access the menu without the screen though. If you have access to VCDS on computer, perhaps you or a mate can plug in and check for fault codes, or reset it. Otherwise it looks like a dealer jobbie. Is it still under warranty? I haven't had a car with a full touch screen yet, been trying to avoid them, as with the electric handbrake, after issues with the last one I had but it's a creeping inevitability that new cars will all have them soon.

Might be some menu setting. Can't access the menu without the screen though. If you have access to VCDS on computer, perhaps you or a mate can plug in and check for fault codes, or reset it. Otherwise it looks like a dealer jobbie. Is it still under warranty? I haven't had a car with a full touch screen yet, been trying to avoid them, as with the electric handbrake, after issues with the last one I had but it's a creeping inevitability that new cars will all have them soon.
2018 model

Soft reset?
Hold power button in for 10 seconds.
Thanks

Will try & report back

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are a bit of a panic these things, as they are very expensive (you listening Tesla). I've had a screen in my 22 year old car, and there were issues with a small resistor going, meaning expensive repair or new unit - even for a 22 year old car, everything is through the screen. Fortunately mine has been perfect. MrsF's screen went off after a journey, but came back on when the car was re-started. Computers, they go wonky sometimes.

I've had the rest of the dashboard stop working. That's fixed by disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes.

Glad it's corrected itself.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
They are a bit of a panic these things, as they are very expensive (you listening Tesla). I've had a screen in my 22 year old car, and there were issues with a small resistor going, meaning expensive repair or new unit - even for a 22 year old car, everything is through the screen. Fortunately mine has been perfect. MrsF's screen went off after a journey, but came back on when the car was re-started. Computers, they go wonky sometimes.

I've had the rest of the dashboard stop working. That's fixed by disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes.

Glad it's corrected itself.

Also add in the terrible EMC environment that these cars create, it's amazing when any of it works in any way that can be described as acceptable.

Top Bottom