Tough, scenic 100 mile ride - Mytholmroyd, Malham, Forest of Bowland, Sun 26th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bokonon said:
Ooh, hadn't spotted that one. Looks like a good alternative.

PaulB said:
I might consider the Pendle Pedal now if the weather doesn't look to Icelandic.
Hi guys. If you do decide to do the Pendle Pedal, have a think about sending goodspeed a PM about it. He has already entered and I'm sure that he'd like some company for the ride. Having previously said that I'd do it with him, I've let him down too! :tongue:

trio25

Über Member
Yes sorry guys I can't do this weekend.

Was meant to be doing the pendle pedal but working, shame as I had free entry, but can't afford not to work.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
longers said:
Shame you're not better Colin. GWS eh?
Visits Acronym Finder...

GWS = Gulf War Syndrome? No, can't be - I wasn't there. (Unless you can catch it from watching events on the TV.)

GWS = Gaseous Waste System? I have been accused of being that before now!

Ah, GWS = Get Well Soon? Thanks. It's really annoying because I haven't been 'properly' ill so it looks like I'm putting it on. No stinking headaches, no runny noise, no hacking cough - it's something much more subtle than that. It's really affecting my breathing and heart rate whenever I try to exert myself, almost as though I've never done any significant exercise before.

Even though I've spent a fair amount of time this year lagging behind you lighter/fitter riders, I'm still normally pretty fit underneath the lard. It comes as a bit of a shock being suddenly reduced to a fitness level equivalent to the typical couch potato. I don't know how they can stand feeling as unfit as this every day of their lives. I'm chomping at the bit to get out on my bike again but the old cardio-vascular system is saying 'no'!

Top Bottom