Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My theory is if you were born in Scotland, yer Scottish.. England, yer English..
I don't buy this 'My grandad was Scottish'pish..
you are where you were born..
So if your ancestors were Scottish, your grandparents are Scottish, and your parents are Scottish, but your mum took a day trip to Carlisle while heavily pregnant, went into labour unexpectedly and gave birth to you on the 'wrong side' of the border, but then took you home again a couple of days later and you have spent your entire life in Scotland, then you are ... English? :whistle: ^_^

So if your ancestors were Scottish, your grandparents are Scottish, and your parents are Scottish, but your mum took a day trip to Carlisle while heavily pregnant, went into labour unexpectedly and gave birth to you on the 'wrong side' of the border, but then took you home again a couple of days later and you have spent your entire life in Scotland, then you are ... English? :whistle: ^_^

Yeah, if you're lucky! ;)

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Actually properly fixed that for you. It's an inconvenient truth that the Queen is less than a quarter German by lineage as her mother was from long-standing English/Scottish heritage and her grandparents had mixed lineage. And as Bobby Mhor said, where you are born has to play a part. If you have to go back to your great, great, great grandfather to find the last in your direct line to be born in Germany, you aint German.

Prince Phillip regards himself as Danish FWIW.
I can't work out the "greats" but I'm a member of the sixth generation of my family who wasn't born in Germany. The ancestors, W & J, were both born in the town of Endingen in Baden, as it was then, and their families emigrated separately to the Americas in the 1880s. W & J met in California as young adults. Not all the family left Germany. Both "sides" were fought for in both World Wars.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Of course..
its where you pop out that counts..
luckily my mum stayed at home:okay:

400bhp

Guru
Nationality is an artificial construct based political whim. In sporting contexts, nationality is entirely arbitrary, your eligibility for a particular nationality determined by the laws of the sport's governing body. End of.

Brilliant response, one which I would like to have written if I had the talent/be arsed attitude.:becool:

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Brilliant response, one which I would like to have written if I had the talent/be arsed attitude.:becool:

I copied it off the internet.

Eritrea welcomes home Daniel Teklehaimanot and Merhawi Kudus

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gS-RtKJvQI

CLUMct9WoAAwEW6.jpg

CLUMbvMWIAAqgq_.jpg

Top Bottom