Tour de France 2016 **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I warned about spoilers in the title, so it's okay for me to reveal that this year's tour was won by Quintana.
Of the GC contenders I suspect that he's the strongest this year.
Froome - could be close
Contador - ditto, but I think he'll be found out in the mountains
Nibali and Porte - best of the rest? Close but no purito.
Aru - flaky
Pinot, Barguil, Bardet, Alaphillipe - not yet, if ever
Teejay - nah
J Rod - too old

Sprint stages could be tight
Kittel, Cav, Greipel, Kristoff, Sagan, Bouhanni, Matthews et al

Last edited:

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Cycling Weekly has all the stages on one scroll-down page showing the profile and a brief description
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/racing/tour-de-france/tour-de-france-route-192041

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
A Nibali win would be very bad for cycling methinks. A podium would be bad enough; not even Contador managed that after a Giro win.
Agreed. I don't think it's likely but the witchfinder's nose would be twitching.

Froome or Quintana: I don't think Quintana has got the pure burst of speed but he does seem to get better as the race goes by, so it's a question of whether Froome can manage the time gap his undoubted first attack will bring. And in that rivalry there's room for others to pull some surprises. As usual I have no idea of how this one is going to unfold, which is why i love watching it.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
I warned about spoilers in the title, so it's okay for me to reveal that this year's tour was won by Quintana.
Of the GC contenders I suspect that he's the strongest this year.
Froome - could be close
Contador - ditto, but I think he'll be found out in the mountains
Nibali and Porte - best of the rest? Close but no purito.
Aru - flaky
Pinot, Barguil, Bardet, Alaphillipe - not yet, if ever
Teejay - nah
J Rod - too old

Sprint stages could be tight
Kittel, Cav, Greipel, Kristoff, Sagan, Bouhanni, Matthews et al
Keep it real Rich, i get all my technical knowledge reading this thread each year :whistle:

Keep it real Rich, i get all my technical knowledge reading this thread each year :whistle:

His knowledge comes from one of these: ;)

upload_2016-6-21_19-27-57.jpeg

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
His knowledge comes from one of these: ;)

View attachment 132621
and the problem there is ?:whistle:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
During the Dauphine coverage Gary Imlach described Sky as a 'military industrial complex', although they seem to have evolved their tactics beyond goose-stepping at the front of the peloton. Unless Froome gets ill, crashes or drowns in Gallic urine I think Sky's team strength will see him in yellow.

400bhp

Guru
During the Dauphine coverage Gary Imlach described Sky as a 'military industrial complex', although they seem to have evolved their tactics beyond goose-stepping at the front of the peloton. Unless Froome gets ill, crashes or drowns in Gallic urine I think Sky's team strength will see him in yellow.

Movistar now have, IMO, a stronger team than Sky.

Top Bottom