Tour de France 2017 Route

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Bet it's largely in France again.

Tour de France director Prudhomme tells L'Equipe the race will tackle new climbs and will visit all of France's 5 main mountain ranges, Alps, Pyrenees, Vosges, Jura, Massif Central.

The plan is to show all stages live on TV from start to finish everyday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Not so much climbing as in other years, but the ones they have got are really tough. Both Froome and Porte disappointed at the lack of km in the two TTs. If Dimension Data are dropped from the world tour, they would surely be given a wild card by the organisers, because of the number of potential sprint finishes. Looks like a good course, with plenty of new scenery and places to see - one of the reasons I like watching cycling on TV.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
upload_2016-10-18_13-10-37.png

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
  • 9 flat stages
  • 5 hilly stages
  • 5 mountain stages including altitude finishes (La Planche des Belles Filles, Peyragudes, Izoard)
  • 2 individual time-trials stages (only 36km of ITT and no TTT)
  • 2 rest days

flatflr

Guru
Passing about 10km from my bothers place in France, think I might have to pay a visit..

SWSteve

Guru
It looks like stage 4 finishes at Planche des Belles Filles, which could help to calm the race down early - I wonder if this will be *too* soon for Froome to launch his 'first climb of the race stage win'

oldroadman

Veteran
Interesting. I bet all the team support personnel are well chuffed with a transfer from Chambery to Perigueux (horrible drive) and Marseille to Montgeron. The autoroutes will be busy with high speed trucks, buses and cars after Marseille.

Top Bottom