Tour de France 2017 ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Well, I was out this morning so recorded La Course to watch when I got home and... what a load of shite.

Not just the format, the coverage as well - keeping the camera on Lizzie soft-pedalling and missing Longo-Borgini and Guarnier going off at the start is pretty amateurish.

About the most interesting thing to come out of that is seeing just how hard that short climb is. It's going to make more of a difference to the men's TT times than we expected.

The rear groups aren't even chasing, fekkin pathetic and pointless.

Why would they? They never had a chance of winning.

Van Vleuten is going to take this.

I believe I said as much before the race even started. The course was too short for the format to work with the time gaps as they were.

You might be thinking of Henao.
In fact I found it: I may be conflating several things together, a comment by FM about Quintana's indigenous descent and one by you about Uran being appreciated much more by Colombia's middle classes. Still, Monkey did spell Colombia, Columbia, so that was right. I prefer my original version though.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
In fact I found it: I may be conflating several things together, a comment by FM about Quintana's indigenous descent and one by you about Uran being appreciated much more by Colombia's middle classes. Still, Monkey did spell Colombia, Columbia, so that was right. I prefer my original version though.

Maybe I was thinking of Henao!

Am I talking to myself? It's just like being at home...
You're still asleep, it's all a dream.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Bloody hell, Tony Martin grinding up that ascent in full TT position... and he only has a big chainring on that bike as well. That's insane.

Lost some time on Bodnar though.

Top Bottom