Tour de France 2017 ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
With less than three weeks to go teams will be looking to finalise their riders and many will be concerned or undecided about their line-ups. Orica, for example have Chavez, who didn't show much on his return and Simon Yates who got dropped on several climbs - should they revert to Adam Yates? Froome, Contador and Valverde didn't inspire, whilst Fuglsang and Porte were superb and Buchmann made a big breakthrough.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am struggling to pick anyone in the top 3, too many of my favourites seem to be struggling. Hopefully this will make the race more interesting and less of a procession.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
There's a few riders who won't fancy this!

upload_2017-6-12_14-20-3.png

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Fuglsang can't be ruled out as a genuine contender after his performance in the Dauphiné.

Dan Martin could be in the mix as well. He's climbing very strongly and shouldn't lose too much time in the two short time trials.

Bardet will be an interesting one to watch - his time-trialling is still shocking but there are plenty of lumpy bits where he should shine.

Shame we won't be seeing Alaphilippe - this Tour could have been made for him.

Stage 13 looks like it could be a humdinger - 101km with three 1st cat climbs and then downhill all the way to the finish.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
S Yates was slightly disappointing but he has time on his side.
It seems as if it will be an open race, and it could well be if Dan Martin gets his wish, and people ignore reputations, and race aggressively.
I'd rule out Contador and Valverde (the latter is there to help Quintana, in theory).
Hard to spot the differences in current condition and form between Quintana, Froome, Bardet, Martin, Fuglsang et al.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A friend has just suggested that maybe Froome is timing his form to come on during the Tour this year and then last through for a serious go at the Vuelta too, rather than his more usual Dauphine & Tour, and starting to get tired in the Vuelta. That actually sounds plausible.

Adam4868

Guru
Been a great giro and dauphine so far.I see Froome has said Porte will be favourite for the Tour.I agree he was great in dauphine.It's a tough choice as I wouldn't like to dismiss any of the GC favourites.I still wouldn't back against Froome,guarantee he will be in top form by July and a amazing team with him,stronger than BMC ? I think so.Tactically.Porte had no team yesterday which made it a great comeback ride,I think he just took his eye of the race and got left.Fuslgand,a deserved winner showed how strong he was yesterday.Looking forward to it.

dragon72

Guru
Could be mindgames from Froome, lulling the others into a false sense of security so they don't man-mark him all the way round France.
Or maybe not. I think he looked like he was genuinely struggling to keep up in the CdD.
If that's the case, he's not go much time to recover his mojo.
As mentioned by Adam4868 above, Froome does have the best team for support. And it will be a proper A team for the Grande Boucle.

Top Bottom