Tour de France 2017 ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I didn't see that but saw a report saying he thought the other teams were out to get him.
I didn't see the whole stage but I know that the opposition went for it from the start, which was exactly what they had to do, and what Porte must have known they would do. The problem for him wasn't that the rotters didn't let him win, but that his own team were not strong enough to help him hold on to those crucial 10 seconds.

Porte basically moaned (in quite a childish tone, I thought) that his rivals were more interested in stopping him winning than in securing their own positions. Why settle for second, third (whatever) when you could have a go and improve your position? In Froome's case, he had a realistic chance of winning and went for it.

Porte has always struck me as a bit of a tit.

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Pretty ironic from Porte I think,seeing as he's rode with sky and knows what pressure Froome has come under.Not just from other riders either ! I guess biased as I like Froome but really as the leader of the race(Porte) what do you expect,everyone's going to wait for you ?[/QUOTE]
Perhaps he was dreaming that it was the final stage of the TdF.

Milzy

Guru
:blink::blink: I'm not sure Chris Froome can win it again. I have a feeling he'll have bad luck and maybe crash. I also don't think the little Columbian has what it takes either even if C.F withdrew.
Who else could be a contender? Contador?

:wacko:

Last edited:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I see Tom Dumoulin as a serious contender. He can climb, time trial and is on form. I don't think Quintana will do it, he seems to lack ambition. Richie Porte is strong and has lots of TdF experience. Should be a very interesting race as many riders are close .

Adam4868

Guru
I see Tom Dumoulin as a serious contender. He can climb, time trial and is on form. I don't think Quintana will do it, he seems to lack ambition. Richie Porte is strong and has lots of TdF experience. Should be a very interesting race as many riders are close .
I didn't think Domoulin was in it ?

chappers1983

Dumoulin isn't racing the tour, and good job too given how he cracked on the Tour de Suisse yesterday (can't criticise him for that though after his exertions on the Giro).

Could actually be quite an open TdF for once. Froome doesn't seem to be firing on all cylinders, Quintana has the Giro still in his legs so won't be as fresh as others, Contador hasn't looked great in the build up, Porte is on form but still has the threat of having that one really bad day hanging over him. Astana have an interesting leadership problem with Aru's change of plans.

Could make for an entertaining race!

OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
Saturday's stage of the Route du Sud. A real test for Wout Poels et al.

RDS2017-Profil-E3.png

I like the place where they've put the second sprint :rofl:

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
On the spoiler question ... shouldn't the spoilers only be for the TdF or races completed some time ago? I am playing catch-up on the TdS and wasn't expecting spoilers for that race in here while it is still underway!

Top Bottom