Tour de France 2017 ***SPOILERS***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
brommers

brommers

Years beyond my wisdom
I agree that the bit about that rider shouldn't have been on here, as some people won't have seen the TdS results or highlights at the time of posting.

400bhp

Guru
He ruled the Tour out before the giro,i doubt he's changed his mind.

And he got dropped yesterday in the Tour De Suisse.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
On the spoiler question ... shouldn't the spoilers only be for the TdF or races completed some time ago? I am playing catch-up on the TdS and wasn't expecting spoilers for that race in here while it is still underway!

Can't be TdF time. I haven't caught up with the Dauphine yet.

dragon72

Guru
This could be an interesting year with lots of strong contenders. It may come down to very small gaps at the end between podium finishers.
What's intriguing is that there are at least 3 teams where there appear to be more than one rider who could finish high up in GC. Astana with Aru/Fuglsang; Movi with Quintana/Valverde; Sky with Froome/Thomas. All of them are potential podium riders.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Froome's key advantage has been his team. He's looked highly fallible when the team have gone awol over recent years, and Sky have looked the strongest TdF team over the past few years, especially when motoring up long climbs. Has that changed? If not, I'd say Froome is still favourite.

Richie Porte will either have a bad day, or a ludicrous stroke of bad luck, or both. Probably several times.

OK, laugh at my attempt to say something sensible. I'll go back to making stupid puns and wittering on about pork pies.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:;)

Milzy

Guru
Fabio Aru is at 17/1 I might put £10 on him. Valverde is good but a tad off the cutting edge of form for a tour win. I just can't see the first 3 favourites doing it and after them they're all big odds.

Adam4868

Guru
Fabio Aru is at 17/1 I might put £10 on him. Valverde is good but a tad off the cutting edge of form for a tour win. I just can't see the first 3 favourites doing it and after them they're all big odds.
Sure you'd get better odds on him winning IMG_20170614_221751.jpg

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I think I just saw a Robbie Hatch tweet that there's live Eurosport coverage all day. That'll be great but a monumental time waster.
It might also mean that RH has got the gig and we won't have to tolerate that prat Kirby. Fingers crossed!

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I think I just saw a Robbie Hatch tweet that there's live Eurosport coverage all day. That'll be great but a monumental time waster.
It might also mean that RH has got the gig and we won't have to tolerate that prat Kirby. Fingers crossed!

Coverage of the whole stage might also mean that they have both commentators working in shifts.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
One talks utter bollocks until he begins to flag, then flicks his elbow (or a similar commentator signal) and the other takes over while the first grabs a breather in the slipstream. When we get to particularly interesting chateaux and so forth one commentator will act as the lead-out providing general geographic and historical background while the other will take over with the knockout facts just as the chateau comes into shot.
I think that Johnny Double-Barrell does the chateau stuff with a daily recipe!

400bhp

Guru
Yep, they are covering each stage from KM 0.

Hopefully it's gonna be a good tour, last year felt a bit processional.

Top Bottom