Tour de France 2023 ** SPOILERS **

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Pog a char and Rogerlic, I love it when kirby waffles for ten mins and says dont you agree sean, cue a few seconds silence , and...... NO, just a one word answer

There was one point possibly in the penultimate stage were he was discussing Tadej and within two words, managed two different pronunciations of his surname.

I love the way he puts extra consonants into any name!

Imagine him with Djamolidine Abdoujaparov!

Last edited:

Domus

Guru
I like Brian Smith's insights, he thinks before speaking and reads the race very well. I remember he once said that the rider on his own up the road with about a 4 minute lead would not have more than a 2 minute advantage at the start of the next climb. As he turned onto the climb after a few Kms of flat valley road the clock read 1.59. Genius :notworthy:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
UCI confirmed it undertook 997 mechanical doping tests on bikes during the race. They used physical checks, magnetic tests and X-rays.
None failed.
So each rider has their bike tested or checked at least 5 times. Which seems high to me.

Jameshow

Veteran
Out riding last night, my rough estimate was that pros bikes are 40% better than ours peleton another 40% leaving 20% difference between them and us?🤣🤣🤣

Another thought what percentage of UK pros will ride the tdf? 10%???

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Out riding last night, my rough estimate was that pros bikes are 40% better than ours peleton another 40% leaving 20% difference between them and us?🤣🤣🤣

Another thought what percentage of UK pros will ride the tdf? 10%???
Assuming you mean the pro men, https://www.procyclingstats.com/ran...equal&team=&offset=0&teamlevel=&filter=Filter shows 81 pro riders. I think 8 or 9 ride the Tour each year. Some of them will ride multiple Tours, so it'll be more than 10%. I'd guess 25% which seems pretty high but probably reflects how the Tour is better known here than almost any cycle race except the Olympics.

Jameshow

Veteran

T4tomo

Legendary Member
75 British riders have ridden the tour to date since inception

source: https://procyclinguk.com/every-british-rider-tour-de-france/
plus pidcock, shaw, turner

different answer/ question to what @Jameshow is asking but i think @mjr stating 80% of british pro will ride the tour at some point in their careers is bollox, it will be a lot lot less.

clearly more brits are getting into top teams than ever before, but still reckon it will only about 10-20% that will ever get to start the tour.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom