Tour de France 2023 ** SPOILERS **

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geocycle

Legendary Member
I can think if a lot worse accents
Certainly I would not describe her as screeching
Agreed. I think she is a breath of fresh air who asks the sort of questions many of us not immersed in the sport want to understand. She works brilliantly with Adam,Robbie and Dan who bring the real tactical insights. At first I found her dress sense a bit challenging for someone presenting a bike race and slightly sad if she felt pressured to do so. But now I’ve read more about her views, I can see she is totally in charge, wants to express herself through her style and wants to do things differently. I still like Gary Imlach though!

The fact that she asked both Matej Mohoric and Fred Wright if the were OK in the aftermath of Gino Mader's passing showed to me that she cares about the competitors and just loves the sport of cycling.

And I remember when Gary Imlach was the junior reporter!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Pog will not be 26 until Sept 2024. So he'll be 25 for the duration of the 2024 tour. So I was puzzled why people were saying this was his last day in the white jersey.

For those of you who didn't already know (and who actually care) it turns out he won't be eligible for the white jersey because a rider has to be 25 or under for the whole year So the cut off birthday is 31 Dec 1998, which he misses by about 3 months.

McNobber

Pog will not be 26 until Sept 2024. So he'll be 25 for the duration of the 2024 tour. So I was puzzled why people were saying this was his last day in the white jersey.

For those of you who didn't already know (and who actually care) it turns out he won't be eligible for the white jersey because a rider has to be 25 or under for the whole year So the cut off birthday is 31 Dec 1998, which he misses by about 3 months.

Jeezo, did you only just find that out? 🤣

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

1690146609267.jpeg

Chislenko

Veteran
For clarification.

At no point did I say accent. The word I used was voice, the accent has no bearing on the annoyance I find with her voice.

And to bear that out my favourite Eurosport commentator was in fact the Irish chap who doesn't appear on there anymore. Sadly can't think of his name but always used the word "dossard" when telling you what number a rider was.

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
Agreed. I think she is a breath of fresh air who asks the sort of questions many of us not immersed in the sport want to understand. She works brilliantly with Adam,Robbie and Dan who bring the real tactical insights. At first I found her dress sense a bit challenging for someone presenting a bike race and slightly sad if she felt pressured to do so. But now I’ve read more about her views, I can see she is totally in charge, wants to express herself through her style and wants to do things differently. I still like Gary Imlach though!

Nothing compares to Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwin RIP....😥

Chislenko

Veteran
I remember them well. Bouncing along to Broxton on an 18mm tub that had about 1000 PSI in them.
Hate the A41 now - will only use if I have to get to another turnoff.

It appears they have moved a bit further down the A41.

I had occasion to nip to Buckinghamshire and back today so left early and at 6 a.m. the TT'ers were out doing their thing with the timekeepers sat at roundabouts.

They were starting from the Raven at Prees Heath and using the Whitchurch by pass and then back on the quieter Wem road.

Would agree about the A41, previously would do Chester to Whitchurch on it no problem, nowadays take the scenic route through the villages.

I have to say I found it really enjoyable and not quite sure why some folk were calling it boring,

It's just a law of nature - happens every year. (Remember the stage where Jan Ulrich was abducted by aliens live on camera? "boring - I wanted a proper fight to the line ... ")

It just seems some people only have half-EMPTY glasses. Screw 'em!

For clarification.

At no point did I say accent. The word I used was voice, the accent has no bearing on the annoyance I find with her voice.

And to bear that out my favourite Eurosport commentator was in fact the Irish chap who doesn't appear on there anymore. Sadly can't think of his name but always used the word "dossard" when telling you what number a rider was.

That's fair enough. Presenter voice/manner/etc is a very personal taste thing (I get irritated by Rob Hatch, yet he seems to be quite popular!)

I would guess it's Sean Kelly on Eurosport - he's definitely Oirish, and does tend to use the most old-fashoined jargon in existence for every element of bike racing. He can't pronounce "third" for toffee, but overall I really like his style :smile:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
It appears they have moved a bit further down the A41.

I had occasion to nip to Buckinghamshire and back today so left early and at 6 a.m. the TT'ers were out doing their thing with the timekeepers sat at roundabouts.

They were starting from the Raven at Prees Heath and using the Whitchurch by pass and then back on the quieter Wem road.

Would agree about the A41, previously would do Chester to Whitchurch on it no problem, nowadays take the scenic route through the villages.

The 24hr National Championship TT you mean.

Top Bottom