Tour de France Femmes (avec Zwift) (et avec spoilers)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
I know that they need to get someone into the polka dot jersey and I know that the Champs-Elysees as a bump on it, but that is ridiculous having QOM points on this course.

I also understand why they are doing this route today, but I find these lap races really dull - I rarely watch the final day of the TDF because of this, though am watching the women now on a dodgy stream

Reactions: mjr

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Point of order, are we allowed to post spoilers in this thread?

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
So often the way.
You persuaded me to enter. I found it tough too, mostly because I have not heard of any rider with a cost of less than 14 ! Might have been easier with separate Climber, Sprinter etc categories. Would have been easier also if I had not gone for a ride, come back to no wifi, so just managed to put team in at 12.28. Now I know how Jacobsen felt the other day!
Bonnie chance tout le monde!

P.s. have a super hols Cathryn.

Thank you XX

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Thrilled for Wiebes but a little sad for Vos. It would have been very fitting for her to have won the first yellow jersey. She looked like she’s been crying in the interview afterwards.

Wiebes is a monster!!!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Yes it's Velogames but there's a women's game.
https://www.velogames.com/velogame-femmes/2022/

Yikes there's only 9 of us. Harder to hide and be anonymous in the middle of the pack.

I'm Team Neufchâtel btw

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I know that they need to get someone into the polka dot jersey and I know that the Champs-Elysees as a bump on it, but that is ridiculous having QOM points on this course.

I also understand why they are doing this route today, but I find these lap races really dull - I rarely watch the final day of the TDF because of this, though am watching the women now on a dodgy stream

Yeah I’m not a fan of the circuits unless you’re actually there, in which case it’s epic!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I believe it's only GCN/Eurosport. Shortsighted of iTV4.
Almost certainly not shortsighted. Gary sounded unhappy about it and they've covered La Course well in the past. It's quite likely that Warner Brothers (Eurosport's owner) paid ASO more for exclusive rights, aided by GCN subscriptions.

Edit to add: if anyone deserves criticism, it's WB for not putting highlights on Quest like they do for the men's grand tours that they've snagged.

Last edited:

mjr

Yeah I’m not a fan of the circuits unless you’re actually there, in which case it’s epic!
Even then, circuits are better if interesting, like some of the Tour Series ones. The wide roads of the Champs loop only has cobbles for interest. Ironically, the showy loop around the arch is worse than the old hotdog turn for racing.

Who's got good stage previews? Neither inrng nor sticky bottle seem to be covering the femmes.

mjr

Epic padding on Eurosport, who started their "live" show 20 minutes before live pictures started. Seems that the Grand-Est region is sponsoring the race. I wonder if it'll be a different region next year, or multiple regions.

Pics just showed the four race jersey wearers. Presumably the season jerseys (purple overall and sky blue u23 leaders) are also in there? And rainbow is missing because Balsamo leads the season at the mo.

Top Bottom