Tour de France stage 1 **Spoiler**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
5 Live just said Berti and Schleck are 1m20down and Brad is 1m30 down. how can that be? Brad certainly was up with the front after the first crash. Hopefully these times will be corrected when they can work out what the heck happened!

Looking good for GT in yellow tomorrow all being well.

Your pie avatar is making me hungry. I like to drink beer while watching the tour.

I wish I had a pie. If I travel 50 feet I could get a kebab or some cheesy chips. Or a pizza.

But it's a pie I want.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Will be an interesting TTT....
Would love to see Sky take it and GT swop the white for the yellow, but I suspect they may play it safe and just try to keep as much as possible of that minute lead over Saxo & Bertie.

Genman

Re the spectator: IMO it was the rider at fault and not the spectator, he seemed to veer off line and the spectator was quite clearly standing on the verge, the rider hit the spectator rather than the spectator moving into the rider.

Well quite, as other forum participants might express their opinion should they dare to venture from the confines of P&L.
But bollocks nonetheless.

Keith Oates

Janner
An interesting day indeed and a good win by Gilbert. A pity the crashes happened but that is all part of the the racing scene, at least Contador has the rest of the Tour to try and gain back some of the time he lost. An interesting day but it's to early too read any clear signs on how the rest of the tour will develop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul_L

Über Member
Re the spectator: IMO it was the rider at fault and not the spectator, he seemed to veer off line and the spectator was quite clearly standing on the verge, the rider hit the spectator rather than the spectator moving into the rider.

disagree. The spectator was standing on the verge but they were also leaning into the road, and looking down the road and not paying attention. He / she literally didn't know what hit him / her. For me the onus is on spectators to keep out of the way of the riders, not the other way round.

Your pie avatar is making me hungry. I like to drink beer while watching the tour.

I wish I had a pie. If I travel 50 feet I could get a kebab or some cheesy chips. Or a pizza.

But it's a pie I want.

It's not a pie. It's a pasty ;)

Top Bottom