Tour de France stage 1 **Spoiler**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty

raindog

er.....
hmmm....they've just said on French tv that Brad, AndyS, Basso and Berto are all more than a minute down.

Geraint in white.

Paul_L

Über Member
5 Live just said Berti and Schleck are 1m20down and Brad is 1m30 down. how can that be? Brad certainly was up with the front after the first crash. Hopefully these times will be corrected when they can work out what the heck happened!

Looking good for GT in yellow tomorrow all being well.

Paul_L

Über Member
I'm hoping 5 live are looking at the official standings which show brad crossing the line 63rd. They show him @ 6s, but i wonder if the non cycling journos are assuming that's 6s behind 1m20?

A good day then if that's the case.

I've nowt against bertie but i think it'll be good for the sport if he doesn't win.

Glover Fan

My official tour de france app has wiggo at 6 seconds behind. :smile:

That spectator was an absolute tit, but individual crash of the day had to be that Omega rider who was warning people behind of the road furniture. That must've hurt!

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Re the spectator: IMO it was the rider at fault and not the spectator, he seemed to veer off line and the spectator was quite clearly standing on the verge, the rider hit the spectator rather than the spectator moving into the rider.

TVC

My official tour de france app has wiggo at 6 seconds behind. :smile:

That spectator was an absolute tit, but individual crash of the day had to be that Omega rider who was warning people behind of the road furniture. That must've hurt!

Looking at the slo-mo it seems he caught the edge of a road cushion whilst pointing out the kerb, he certainly went sideways pretty quick.

ohnovino

Large Member
The official standings have all the riders involved in the last crash at just 6 seconds off the lead. That includes all the Brits, and the Schleck brothers.

If Sky or Garmin win tomorrow then Thomas or Millar should be in Yellow.

Top Bottom