Tour de France stage 4 "SPOILER"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
i doubt hushovd will keep the jersey today but i reckon gilbert and millar are in for it, i'd lost to see geraint thomas attempt a sprint at the end too, would be interesting.

Great to see F de J putting someone in the break for the past few days, after a long while of other French teams doing likewise.

As to the winner...Gilbert. Or Sandy Casar.

Roy was in the break on Stage 1 too.. I know I've drawn 138 in the Cycling Ireland TdF sweepstake. Me thinks my 20 quid is quite safely not going to make me a return :-(

raindog

er.....
I feel knackered after watching that
laugh.gif

What a finish - all of them on the physical limit - Vino third the old dog!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Damn, I just missed it. Looks good for Contador with regards to Andy Schleck (and Wiggins and Basso too, although they won't figure so much in his calculations), but not so good versus Evans. That's a significant psychological victory for Cadel.

raindog

er.....
Gutsy ride from Thor to stay in yellow.
He's just been chatting about his gearing for the finish.
He used 42-17 or 19 (he can't remember
biggrin.gif
) for the steepest part, and 53-21 for the last bit when he was really hanging on for dear life.
Well done lad!

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Cor that was a finish eh? hats off to hushovd tho for keeping the yellow and well done to evans for getting in there at the end, that final spring was a killer!
flippin eurosport didn't bother to show who got the green and mountain jerseys! or whether thomas kept the white.

raindog

er.....
No change for green and white and I doubt for the mountaiin either.
3 Brits in the top seven on general - amazing!

Thanks MadCyclist for the quick links. I'm on shifts which means I miss both the race and the highlights. You're a hero.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I was thinking, having watched the highlights now, that the finale was less impressive than I had thought it was going to be, but looking at the results, for such a little hill, it didn't half generate some splits in the field! This is turning out to be a very interesting Tour so far and we are nowhere near the mountains.

Willo

Can't help but like Hushovd, gutsy rider and comes across as a decent & humble guy when interviewed.

I don't think he will, but wouldn't begrudge Evans this tour if he did manage to win it. As has been said, prob an ideal finish to take the stage but not the yellow and the pressure that would bring so early in Le Tour.

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
Good win for Evans perhaps this indicates he will achieve something in this tour and Contador has shown that he is still a force and will be pushing hard when the mountains arrive.

TMC, the clips you are putting on have been stopped by ASO who are claiming the copyright. I suppose they are correct but again the fans are missing out a little bit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perplexed

Guru
I couldn't quite figure out what Uran was up to when he went for a bit of a dig in the last few 100 mtrs?

Surely all he was going to end up doing was to pull along Evans and Contador away from Wiggins, encouraging a bigger gap!?

moxey

I couldn't quite figure out what Uran was up to when he went for a bit of a dig in the last few 100 mtrs?

Surely all he was going to end up doing was to pull along Evans and Contador and away from Wiggins, encouraging a bigger gap!?

I thought that too, although a stage win would have been nice for Sky

Top Bottom