Tour de Romandie - Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
LOL will Cav be sanctioned for that? Can't remember ever seeing that before.:evil:

vanbomel.jpg

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I'm not sure that he will be sanctioned because the two-finger salute is not internationally-recognised as an insult, in fact outside of the UK, it means 'victory' or 'peace' whichever way around you do it. It's only in the UK that it acquired an 'insulting' status.

Great to see him winning again and with such hilarious style.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm sure he was indicating that it was his second victory of the season;)

p.s. His teeth were lovely!

Will1985

Über Member
So Valverde wins the overall. When will the UCI sort it out and ban him worldwide? He's now got 6 final podiums this year while under the Italian ban and general UCI suspicion...the fight against doping, even if by association, is a joke.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
This is just making cycling look like a joke.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What often strikes me about these cases such as ValvPiti, Millar, Ricco, Vinioukorov etc and their subsequent results is that they are either still doping or they didn't need it in the first place.
Are we to assume that Valverde is still on the juice or he is now winning all these races by training hard?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
rich p said:
Are we to assume that Valverde is still on the juice or he is now winning all these races by training hard?

I don't mind Millar (who is repentant) or even Vinokourov (who has done his time, even if he isn't repentant) but it's the fact that Valverde has openly got away with it, supported by the Spanish federation, and with the UCI not doing a damn thing, and with a smirk on his face, that gets me.

Keith Oates

Janner
If anybody is now reducing the cycling into a farce it's Valverde and the Spanish federation. It really is hard to understand why the UCI seem powerless to correct this situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Flying_Monkey said:
I don't mind Millar (who is repentant) or even Vinokourov (who has done his time, even if he isn't repentant) but it's the fact that Valverde has openly got away with it, supported by the Spanish federation, and with the UCI not doing a damn thing, and with a smirk on his face, that gets me.

Yes but the question I asked was is he winning clean now or is he on something undetectable. If the former then why did he dope and if the latter it 's a worrying situaution.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
rich p said:
Yes but the question I asked was is he winning clean now or is he on something undetectable. If the former then why did he dope and if the latter it 's a worrying situaution.

Masking agents. There was a story I linked to a while back about just how sophisticated these are now becoming. Or if he's 'clean', he will still have benefitted from the superior training effects of whatever he was taking...

Top Bottom