Tour de Romandie - Spoiler

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by rich p, 27 Apr 2010.

1. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

Cav nees to kick start his season on this one. It's a short prologue which he could do well in, followed by a sprinter's stage so it's not inconceivable that he could be in the leader's jersey.
    Or not!
    Stages here

2. raindog

raindog er.....

I'm thinking Nico Roche might do well in this.

3. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

He's certainly due something.

4. dmoan

dmoan Veteran

I reckon this might be Basso's big comeback race. I'm going to go with Basso beating a re-invigorated Menchov for the overall, in anticipation of a fantastic Giro campaign!

5. raindog

raindog er.....

Sagan second! In fact that's quite an interesting top six.

1 Marco Pinotti (Ita) Team HTC - Columbia 0:05:18 2 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Doimo 0:00:01 3 Jérémy Roy (Fra) Française Des Jeux 0:00:03 4 Michael Rogers (Aus) Team HTC - Columbia 0:00:03 5 Rick Flens (Ned) Rabobank 0:00:03 6 Christophe Moreau (Fra) Caisse d'Epargne 0:00:04

6. Flying_Monkey

Cav not quite up to speed yet, but still within 10 seconds. Sagan is the real revelation of this season so far though, isn't he?

7. raindog

raindog er.....

8. raindog

raindog er.....

Sagan takes it!! N Roche third! Excellent!

9. Flying_Monkey

Agreed - a great result! And nice to see Ben Swift up there in 9th too - he is potentially Britain's Sagan, a tough all-rounder who can sprint.

Cav is really not with it right now. He may yet be ready for the TdF, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has already thought about writing this season off and concentrating on the longer-term.

10. OP
    OP
    rich p

I think you're right about writing off this year. He almost said as much in the Times article with Kimmage.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/cycling/article7101041.ece

A troubled, complex soul!

11. raindog

raindog er.....

Thanks for that link rich. Great interview and it's good to see behind the scenes sometimes. Amazing how much the personal life of an athlete can affect performance one way or another.
    Let's hope he peaks for the Tour. A good stage win in California would do him a world of good.

12. OP
    OP
    rich p

I hadn't realised that the dental problems were self inflicted by a combination of cosmetics and ignoring medical advice!

13. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

Cav?! what was that finish all about?

14. col1888

col1888 Well-Known Member

Go on Cav ! Lets hope this kick starts his season. Just seen his interview, didn't hold back as usual, giving it to the journos !

15. mr Mag00

mr Mag00 rising member

hahhaa gr8
    dalby forest next Xc or DH?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice