Tour de Romandie - Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cav nees to kick start his season on this one. It's a short prologue which he could do well in, followed by a sprinter's stage so it's not inconceivable that he could be in the leader's jersey.
Or not!
Stages here

raindog

er.....
I'm thinking Nico Roche might do well in this.

raindog

er.....
Sagan second! In fact that's quite an interesting top six.

1 Marco Pinotti (Ita) Team HTC - Columbia 0:05:18 2 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Doimo 0:00:01 3 Jérémy Roy (Fra) Française Des Jeux 0:00:03 4 Michael Rogers (Aus) Team HTC - Columbia 0:00:03 5 Rick Flens (Ned) Rabobank 0:00:03 6 Christophe Moreau (Fra) Caisse d'Epargne 0:00:04

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Cav not quite up to speed yet, but still within 10 seconds. Sagan is the real revelation of this season so far though, isn't he?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Agreed - a great result! And nice to see Ben Swift up there in 9th too - he is potentially Britain's Sagan, a tough all-rounder who can sprint.

Cav is really not with it right now. He may yet be ready for the TdF, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has already thought about writing this season off and concentrating on the longer-term.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Flying_Monkey said:
Agreed - a great result! And nice to see Ben Swift up there in 9th too - he is potentially Britain's Sagan, a tough all-rounder who can sprint.

Cav is really not with it right now. He may yet be ready for the TdF, but I wouldn't be surprised if he has already thought about writing this season off and concentrating on the longer-term.

I think you're right about writing off this year. He almost said as much in the Times article with Kimmage.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/cycling/article7101041.ece

A troubled, complex soul!

raindog

er.....
Thanks for that link rich. Great interview and it's good to see behind the scenes sometimes. Amazing how much the personal life of an athlete can affect performance one way or another.
Let's hope he peaks for the Tour. A good stage win in California would do him a world of good.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
raindog said:
Thanks for that link rich. Great interview and it's good to see behind the scenes sometimes. Amazing how much the personal life of an athlete can affect performance one way or another.
Let's hope he peaks for the Tour. A good stage win in California would do him a world of good.

I hadn't realised that the dental problems were self inflicted by a combination of cosmetics and ignoring medical advice!

col1888

Go on Cav ! Lets hope this kick starts his season. Just seen his interview, didn't hold back as usual, giving it to the journos !

Top Bottom