Tour de Suisse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
not good for ineos….Geraint Thomas down in a crash with shoulder injury, don't know how bad it is yet

yello

He's being taken to hospital for xray BUT he took his shirt of himself so I very much doubt it's a clavicule fracture. Hopefully just cautionary rather than a suspected problem.

From ineos website..
Geraint Thomas has escaped relatively unscathed following today’s crash at the Tour de Suisse.

Thomas was taken straight to hospital having suffered abrasions on his shoulder and a cut above his right eye in the wake of the crash, but thankfully the 33 year old has not sustained any further injuries.

Speaking to TeamINEOS.com, the reigning Tour de France champion explained how the incident occurred, commenting: “There was a lip in the road that came out of nowhere. An Astana rider hit the lip and crashed and I had nowhere to go. I landed on my shoulder and my face and there was quite a bit of blood. You’ve always got to be cautious with a head injury, and whilst I was keen to carry on, the doctors made the right decision to pull me out of the race.”

Thomas’ involvement in the Tour de France isn’t likely to be affected by today’s crash and he is already looking forward to being on the start line in Brussels on July 6th, adding: “Clearly it’s frustrating and a small setback for my Tour de France preparations, but there’s still plenty of time before we start in Brussels in a few weeks’ time. We will recalibrate and I’m sure my coach Tim (Kerrison) will have a plan in place to ensure I’m ready for July 6th.”

zeits wasn't so lucky in the same crash
..Due to a crash with around 35 km to go into stage 4 of the Tour de Suisse, the Astana rider Andrey Zeits suffered a complex fracture of the left collarbone as well as a superficial fracture of the 5th rib.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
How can I watch it on TV?
Eurosport think it's on about 2 ish
It's on Eurosport Player today 2.25pm, neither of the two main channels, so won't have any commentary.
Eurosport 2 has the highlights on at 7.00pm

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Eurosport 2 has the highlights on at 7.00pm
Or on demand for weeks after that!

I don't know why some streaming services insist on keeping to a silly broadcast model when really they should work like Netflix and just let us watch what we want, when we want to. (Some races don't make it to their On Demand service.)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Or on demand for weeks after that!

I don't know why some streaming services insist on keeping to a silly broadcast model when really they should work like Netflix and just let us watch what we want, when we want to. (Some races don't make it to their On Demand service.)
Do Eurosport hold the rights to long term streaming of most races? I'd imagine that rights come at a price.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Mountains tommorow ! Ineos aren't taking any risks with Bernal.
Screenshot_20190619-193344~2.png

Top Bottom