Tour de Tendering 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
Hello
Just wondered if anybody is doing it this year? I'm going to enter as it will probably be my first event of my biking bug lol.
I have considered this ride before but it's just a bit too far to travel and the rides are not that long either - if they offered a '100' I would be more tempted

The Essex Castle 75 from Colchester is a good ride that I do every year - same company (Bike events)

OP
OP
nickg

nickg

Über Member
This will be my first proper event, I've only just got.my bike so a 60 then will be.just right. I've also entered the ballot for London 100 and I'm sure I'm going to enter others lol.

Dan Allison

Have been thinking about it . Doing 100km over night in london on the 9th june. so this wojld be ok in preparation for that!
Just starting out too. Need to start getting some miles in. Looking forward to lighter nights.

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Hello
Just wondered if anybody is doing it this year? I'm going to enter as it will probably be my first event of my biking bug lol.
Just a technical point, its TENDRING not TENDERING, unles you have a very hard saddle resulting in tenderising y'bits

e-rider

crappy member
I have just entered. I can not wait now.
well, it's 19th May so it's quite a long wait unfortunately! Enjoy it though.

OP
OP
nickg

nickg

Über Member
Do you know what, I've seen on this site there are some right stuck up people just wanting to have a moan and a grip at people. So what how I've spelt tendering or tendring, everybody gets the idea. With some people being so picky about things is what ruins a forum. I'm pretty new here myself and the wealth of knowledge is great, just a shame that some people have to ruin it.

Big A

Relax, he pointed it out politely/ jokingly. I agree that people pointing out spelling mistakes can be annoying but just roll with the punches, it's a friendly forum generally :smile:

Stubbo79

I have entered and was going to be my first big group ride in the name of charity however for practice I have just entered South Downs Spring Sportive in March. Quite looking forward to it now! I will be travelling up from Dover for the Tendring so staying in hotel in Harwich night before, I guess that is commitment lol!

OP
OP
nickg

nickg

Über Member
Stubbo79, have you done your ride? If so how did it go?

I don't think I'm gonna be ready for the tour de tendring 60 at this rate, weather is awful. Done a few rides so far, but nothing major.

Stubbo79

Stubbo79, have you done your ride? If so how did it go?

I don't think I'm gonna be ready for the tour de tendring 60 at this rate, weather is awful. Done a few rides so far, but nothing major.

Got it on Saturday, hoping for decent weather as its not going to be much fun in the pouring rain. Got a massive dilemma now, got a new bike yesterday but not sure if its wise to ride 60 miles without a few build up rides first. Plus it's expensive and want it for dry/ summer weather! But really want to ride it!

Top Bottom