Tour de Yorkshire day 4 timings?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old jon

Guru
Black Hill Road near Arthington (which has apparently been classed as a 'sprint' but how I've no idea - last time I did it I'd swear parts of it are near vertical...as I'm sure @Old jon and @colly can also testify)

It is a long count of years since I have ridden UP that, but it is aye steep. Living where I do now, Black Hill road would qualify as a cricket pitch!

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I think we will cycle up to Kettlewell to see them come through.
Does anyone know how long we'll get access to the road before they close it?
I was going to go along the back road from Grassington and Kilnsey, but might like to get along the road in Kettlewell a bit as I reckon the village might just be rammed.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I think we will cycle up to Kettlewell to see them come through.
Does anyone know how long we'll get access to the road before they close it?
I was going to go along the back road from Grassington and Kilnsey, but might like to get along the road in Kettlewell a bit as I reckon the village might just be rammed.

I've seen guidance that roads will close 30-45 minutes before the race goes through. In practice though your guess is as good as mine.

A couple of years ago the first copper through Scholes told a paramedic in an unmarked car not to let anyone out of a junction and rode off leaving him to it...:whistle:

Top Bottom