Tour De Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Watched as much on TV as i could and watched them come past a couple of miles from our house.

I hope next year they drop all the Tour De France references as being the Tour Of Yorkshire it needs its own identity.

All that Cote de Holmefirth etc was quirky for the tour de France in Yorkshire, but now sounds a bit naff.

Maserati are sponsoring the sportive, so that where the White car will be from.
"The Maserati Tour de Yorkshire Ride is the unique opportunity for sportive riders in the UK to experience the Tour de France legacy and to pave the way for the pro riders"

Tommy2

Über Member
I rode out to watch them come down pool bank (just before the Sprint at arthington 15km from the finish) only 15km from my house, was looking forward to seeing them wiz round the mini roundabout but it rained about 10mins before the came down so they all took it really sheepishly.
also when I watched the highlights on tv they managed to have an ad break right at that point :sad:
If I'd set off earlier I was gonna ride to the top of the chevin (the opposite way they were going) but I wouldn't have made it in time.

Venod

Eh up
We had a club ride out on Friday to Dalby Forest watched the race then on to Scarborough for Fish & Chips & the Finish, on Saturday we were in York nipping in & out Wetherspoons to watch, Sunday we were at the finish in Roundhay Park. today we have been on a memorial ride (Holme Moss) for a club member who died, what a brilliant bank holiday weekend.

HM.jpg

Last edited:

Joffey

Big Dosser
I didn't get down due to illness, but watched what I could on TV.

I was intrigued yesterday though when a white '14 plate Maserati kept appearing amongst the support vehicles. Was this something that had slipped through the closures, or is one of the teams using it ?

They sponsored the race

Joffey

Big Dosser
We had a club ride out on Friday to Dalby Forest watched the race then on to Scarborough for Fish & Chips & the Finish, on Saturday we were in York nipping in & out Wetherspoons to watch, Sunday we were at the finish in Roundhay Park. today we have been on a memorial ride (Holme Moss) for a club member who died, what a brilliant bank holiday weekend.

View attachment 87831

Wish you were my local club!!!!

danbellj

I was lucky enough to win a TDY competition and was in one of the Maseratis for Stage 3

There is some Go Pro footage at the bottom of the post for anyone interested.

http://nbell.co.uk/tour-de-yorkshire-vip-experience/

Globalti

Legendary Member
We watched them coming out of Silsden on Sunday, by which time they had split into three or four big groups and several smaller, spread over 10 minutes. We saw two riders from Topsport Vlaanderen-Baloise hitching a lift up the hill from a sticky team car roof rack, possibly they were catching up after a mechanical. Most of the riders looked knackered; I bet they underestimated the Yorkshire hills, eh?

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
We went into York on the Saturday & saw the ladies race as well as the mens, then we went to Wakefield on sunday saw the processional start at the top of Barnsley road, then off to Roundhay park, we were stood at the 100 meters marker, everyone was cheering on the sportive riders, it was great to see obviously tired riders perk up as the spectators banged the advertising hoardings and cheered them on, saw the finish, then the jersey winners behind the podium, we had a walk round the team vehicles and my daughter managed to blag a bidon from Lars van der Haar to go on her dad's Defy, it still had some recovery drink in it!, then on the way out to the car the British Cycling GB team mini bus went past, gave them a thumbs up & a wave & got another bidon thrown out to us.
It was a brilliant weekend, I can't wait for next year, and the television coverage looked great with the crowds too.

Goldie

Über Member
Me and the rest of the Goldies watched the finish in Scarborough, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Mrs G got very excited by Sir Bradley's presence, but inexplicably turned down my offer to wear my cycling kit around the house whenever she asks. The next day I had a go at riding a bit of stage 1, and although it was very beautiful I think it's safe to say I won't be turning pro just yet. Few pictures on the blog: http://thelangsett.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/the-tour-de-yorkshire.html

Very much hope its earned its place as an annual event. As with the TdF last year, it was brilliant seeing all of Yorkshire getting behind it. And the route was a little gem...

Top Bottom