Tour of Britain 2012

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I've always thought even when a stage race was as good as won, riders still rode for GC, ie top 10 finish,

That's only if your name is Nico Roach

Bobario

Veteran
The cynic in me is starting to think that Wiggo and the Manx Missile only put their names to this race for publicity. I thought the Spanish had set up the Vuelta to suit Contador with all the mountain finishes, they even extended a mountain to make it suit the climbers better. I was sure the ToB was set up so Cav could win it. But neither of them seem to be really trying.

Noodley

Anyone know who the Irish commentator is giving us a break from Uncle Hugh ?

Daniel Queally I think.

And I enjoyed today's stage. Good racing, good scenery, no Hugh Porter, large crowds, nice weather, did I mention no Hugh Porter?, and a decent route.

Basil.B

Guru
Have to agree, good stage today, great scenery, weather perfect.
Good to see Basso and Sanchez riding well.
I missed Hugh Porter, where was he today?

Noodley

But Noodley, we're used to you filling that role on CC.
Fair enough, you'll be ok then :laugh:

Alan57

DSCN0282 (1024x768).jpg
Went out on Dartmoor today and watched the stage ,excellent. Pic of the peloton with Cav .

Nearly there

Veteran
Wiggins did say from the off that he wasn't there for the GC and having watched todays stage and seeing Cav at the back of the peloton it made me think is cav really that crap on hills?I mean we aren't talking the Alps here

Noodley

Yeh, he's really shite on hills. He's never finished any grand tours, or Spring Classics, nor has he won Milan-San Remo. Totally useless that lad, he'll never make it.

tigger

Über Member
Yeh, he's really s***e on hills. He's never finished any grand tours, or Spring Classics, nor has he won Milan-San Remo. Totally useless that lad, he'll never make it.

This is the wrong thread for that kind of negativity!

Top Bottom