Tour of Britain 2014...on my doorstep (may contain SPOILERS)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Yup - and that's the side of the road it would be nice to bomb down at 30 mph, except for the lovely road surface... :angry:
Let's put it this way I went up it a lot slower than I went down it! And I was going slowish downhill enjoying the kids cheering every cyclist that went by.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Another well supported cracking stage!

suzeworld

Veteran
8.8k tt so it's approaching the limit I would say. He won't want to be losing more time.

Not sure what Zardini's like at TT but I'd have thought Brad should be looking at Kwiatkowski and Konig who are 11 seconds ahead and 2 seconds behind respectively. Both are good TTers when they want to be but I like Kwiatkowski's chances. Should be a good contest, especially with the bonus seconds available.

Thanks guys.
Fascinating contest.
Have really enjoyed watching each stage this year.
Edit to add Wiggo agrees with you, almost admitting defeat here:
http://velonews.competitor.com/2014...ain-defense-almost_344976#hZelP92eSkBgR41k.99

Last edited:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
With all of us so local I am wondering about a forum ride one Saturday morning ? @summerdays @Spinney etc...
Sounds good to me!
Might have to be flat though - Summerdays tells me she doesn't do hills! But there must be lots of scope on the Severn flood plain...
(Best to start a separate thread in the CycleChat and Informal Rides forum if you want to try to organise one)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Sounds good to me!
Might have to be flat though - Summerdays tells me she doesn't do hills! But there must be lots of scope on the Severn flood plain...
(Best to start a separate thread in the CycleChat and Informal Rides forum if you want to try to organise one)
I do do small hills but at a TOP speed of 4mph and I have been known to get off and walk:whistle:. By the way the flood plain still has hills. .... Cow Hill and other such bumps ....

Last edited:

jarlrmai

Veteran
TT and circuit race on the same day..

Top Bottom