Tour of Britain 2017 **Spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hope you enjoyed yourself today, Marmy.
I did thanks, a really good day out. Well organised, excellent big screen to stand and watch it all, decent free hats, and very good bacon and sausage roll from a nearby cafe; what's not to like?

Last edited:
Mine from the Royal Mile
IMG_0717.JPG
IMG_0701.JPG
IMG_0726.JPG
IMG_0698.JPG
IMG_0729.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG

GilesM

Legendary Member
We watched it on the steep section of Redstone Rig, excellent location as we could see the race heading towards us from quite a long way out as it slowly came up the lower section of the climb, very impressive the way they came up the steep section, it's about 18%, most didn't even look like they'd noticed it was up hill. Added bonus was the 4G signal, so we could watch the race live until it got close enough to see. Really good day.

Looks like the extendable neck helped with your view.
Aye, I look like a freak but usually get a good view of things

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
What boring coverage. I know most of today's route and was looking forward to 'riding' it again on TV. It seemed that every time the break approached an interesting point we cut to the bunch, or a commercial break just long enough to deny us views of the many villages along the route. I don't want a travelogue but endless close ups of the side view of the leaders were just too much. I was following the route using maps and the eta, and most of the time it was the only way I had any idea of where they were.

EBH relegated, with Viviani awarded the stage and also taking the race lead.

Taylor Phinney DQed for crossing a railway as the gates were coming down.

Top Bottom