Tour of Britain 2018 (*Spoilers*)

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by brommers, 29 Aug 2018.

1. brommers

brommers Years beyond my wisdom

2. Afnug

Afnug Everything you can imagine is real

This could prove interesting.

"a team time trial that finishes atop Whinlatter Pass"

But is it a team time trial or an individual ?

The bit in italics is from this page.

https://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/2018/06/05/2018-ovo-energy-tour-of-britain-route-revealed/

Stage 5 is just 14km long, but it's uphill and an individual time trial. Starting in Cockermouth the parcours runs up Whinlatter Pass for a summit finish.

The above from this page

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/913/t...ute-riders-live-tv-guide-all-you-need-to-know

although its probably a typo as they do list it as a TTT

Last edited: 29 Aug 2018
    brommers likes this.
  3. ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

4. OP
    OP
    brommers

:reading:No idea

5. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Aren't GT and Froome likely to be crowd-pleasers but cooked after their other races earlier this season? I remember Wiggins riding it after winning the Tour in 2012. Crashed stage 1 where I was, DNS stage 6 with a stomach bug.

6. OP
    OP
    brommers

Quick-Step have a really strong team: Alaphilippe, Gaviria, Jungels, Schachmann, Richeze, Keisse

7. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

Alaphilippe to win it for me. Agree with @mjr about Thomas and Froome being there for show (good PR in these turbulent times for Sky), but you never know... maybe they’re actually up for it?

8. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Has anyone seen the ITV presentation/commentating team for this? The EPG is silent about this, the tour team is mostly on the Vuelta and Matt Rendell rarely works alone, so I think the best it could be is Jill Douglas as Gary and Ant McCrossan as Ned. I hope Brian Smith is on Eurosport at the moment!

9. Mike_P

Mike_P Über Member

Doubt ITV could afford Brian Smiths hair gel.

10. I like the ToB, but I fear it's going down the wrong road (no pun intended)

11. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

Anyone going on Thursday to hartside pass ? I'm looking at trying to get there and wondering about parking car somewhere.

12. ColinJ

ColinJ A big clot!

Years ago, a friend drove me to try and catch the pros ride up Holme Moss. We had to park about 3 miles from the climb because the surrounding roads were closed by police controlling the crowds. We didn't manage to get to the climb itself. The crowds were so big that we could see them all the way up the hill from Holme village below.

I'd suggest that you will probably have to park miles away and walk to your vantage point so set off early. (Or take your bike and cycle from where you park.)

Adam4868 likes this.
  13. Phaeton

Phaeton Veteran

Why? I have no knowledge of what it was before so saying they are changing it is interesting well to me at least

14. I was pished last night when I posted and have no recollection of what my rambling was about

15. Phaeton

Phaeton Veteran

ROFL no worries, maybe because
    A) It's not coming past your house
    B) It's coming past your house

theclaud and Pro Tour Punditry like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice