Tour of Britain 2018 (*Spoilers*)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
This could prove interesting.

"a team time trial that finishes atop Whinlatter Pass"

But is it a team time trial or an individual ?

The bit in italics is from this page.

https://www.tourofbritain.co.uk/2018/06/05/2018-ovo-energy-tour-of-britain-route-revealed/

Stage 5 is just 14km long, but it's uphill and an individual time trial. Starting in Cockermouth the parcours runs up Whinlatter Pass for a summit finish.

The above from this page

http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/913/t...ute-riders-live-tv-guide-all-you-need-to-know

although its probably a typo as they do list it as a TTT

Last edited:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Alaphilippe to win it for me. Agree with @mjr about Thomas and Froome being there for show (good PR in these turbulent times for Sky), but you never know... maybe they’re actually up for it?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Has anyone seen the ITV presentation/commentating team for this? The EPG is silent about this, the tour team is mostly on the Vuelta and Matt Rendell rarely works alone, so I think the best it could be is Jill Douglas as Gary and Ant McCrossan as Ned. I hope Brian Smith is on Eurosport at the moment!

Mike_P

Guru
Doubt ITV could afford Brian Smiths hair gel.

Adam4868

Guru
Anyone going on Thursday to hartside pass ? I'm looking at trying to get there and wondering about parking car somewhere.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Anyone going on Thursday to hartside pass ? I'm looking at trying to get there and wondering about parking car somewhere.
Years ago, a friend drove me to try and catch the pros ride up Holme Moss. We had to park about 3 miles from the climb because the surrounding roads were closed by police controlling the crowds. We didn't manage to get to the climb itself. The crowds were so big that we could see them all the way up the hill from Holme village below.

I'd suggest that you will probably have to park miles away and walk to your vantage point so set off early. (Or take your bike and cycle from where you park.)

Top Bottom